Tikka T3X D-18 at Cabelas?

OP
R
Just curious why Tikka would use SS If they know the barrel will be coated?

Because there’s many benefits to SS other than corrosion resistance. Cerakote on SS is still a good thing. Most custom rifle builders use SS barrels and cerakote them.

Riplip

WKR
Trying to understand what the difference is between this and the regular rough stock? Just the color?

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of SS T3/T3x 270 and 6.5. Neither is slow and I can't imagine any all up sub 8lb hunting rifle shooting significantly better, custom or not.

Just got #3; a CM 308 and had it cut to 17.5 and threaded. With a YHM R9 and a 3-9 Trijicon I will have a 7.5 lb all up suppressed hunting rifle capable of handling any non-dangerous game in NA out to my personal limit of 400 yds. I bet it will shoot just fine too.

grfox92

WKR
Give it a break. I didn’t have it on when I took the pic. I also verified my dope out 1000 yards. I’m sorry what you read on Snipers Hidr might not be the case.
Go look up the Tikka 6.5 PRC thread. Plenty of guys listing chronograph speeds of their Tikas all shooting 100 fps slower then they should. It's not a made up internet thing.
Wouldn't stop me from buying a Tikka but I doubt strangers all over the internet have joined forces to lie about their guns being slower then they should be. It's talked about here on Roksklide, Long Range Only and Snipers hide quite frequently.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

ETtikka

WKR
Tikkas are slow, plenty of evidence as mentioned above, but they are also very accurate, don’t have to be broken in, don’t have to be cleaned, and are designed to last, check out the 8 min mark in the following video

Tikkas are slow, plenty of evidence as mentioned above, but they are also very accurate, don’t have to be broken in, don’t have to be cleaned, and are designed to last, check out the 8 min mark in the following video

Great video. Anybody with an accent like that oozes quality lol

Going to revive this thread. I just got a D18 from Cabelas and was wondering what was under the coating, too. I called Beretta, and they said it’s stainless. If you look in the bore, you’ll find the “ss” stamp. Hope this helps folks wondering the same question as me.

Attachments

• IMG_4695.jpeg
    IMG_4695.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 64
Thanks been wondering about that. I ve read both ways and want stainless in a darker cerakote without the shine…plus I don’t care for the orange in the ember stock

amassi

WKR
This is a bass pro d18 in 6.5 prc
Barrel and action were stainless
f99b416ad68ae8c5b17852211b680fdb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks been wondering about that. I ve read both ways and want stainless in a darker cerakote without the shine…plus I don’t care for the orange in the ember stock
yep I got this one just for the action and barrel. I bought this gun to basically throw away the stock and put it in a chassis. I, personally, really like fluted barrels, and the only one I could find other than this model with a fluted barrel had a wooden stock, and it felt like a shame to toss that. This one fits all my needs plus it's threaded for my suppressor. This gun is replacing my Model 70 as my elk gun because I want something that I can beat on a little more and not die a little inside each time it gets a scratch. been shooting .5in groups at 100 yards with factory Federal ammo and am really loving it.

yep I got this one just for the action and barrel. I bought this gun to basically throw away the stock and put it in a chassis. I, personally, really like fluted barrels, and the only one I could find other than this model with a fluted barrel had a wooden stock, and it felt like a shame to toss that. This one fits all my needs plus it's threaded for my suppressor. This gun is replacing my Model 70 as my elk gun because I want something that I can beat on a little more and not die a little inside each time it gets a scratch. been shooting .5in groups at 100 yards with factory Federal ammo and am really loving it.
Lol, I bought a super grade several years ago and took it hunting. Regretted it by lunch the first day.