Tikka T3X Ember?

do you have his mobile #? Short of that, maybe some of the many forum members that have preorders for the rifles have received updates.
Sorry man, I don't give out peoples numbers without them first giving the ok.

Guy at Euro optics was less then helpful but he was saying October possibly. Going cancel mine, with that being said. I Have a VX-5HD 3-15x44 CDS-ZL2 Side Focus Illum. FireDot Duplex for sale if anyone looking.

Last edited:

z987k

WKR
So it's a T3x superlite stainless with a textured/colored stock and they finally threaded the things, although looks like 1/2x28, so that's not great.
Still too long of a barrel to run supressed for hunting, so honestly I don't see the point. You'd be better off going with a light stainless and doing a tiny bit of work on it.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
So it's a T3x superlite stainless with a textured/colored stock and they finally threaded the things, although looks like 1/2x28, so that's not great.
Still too long of a barrel to run supressed for hunting, so honestly I don't see the point. You'd be better off going with a light stainless and doing a tiny bit of work on it.
Yup. 100% of people dipped by dressed up tikkas are….unintelligent people.

slowelk

WKR
Yup. 100% of people dipped by dressed up tikkas are….unintelligent people.

They are threaded 5/8-24, heavier contour barrel that’s fluted, stainless, not cerakoted, come in a chambering not available in other basic tikkas (6.5 prc). There are more appealing features combined here than other offerings.

Read, get off your high horse, and don’t pretend you are pragmatic beyond reproach.

Yeah, I’m not seeing it as special, I kept looking for some other features I was missing

Reminds me of my sako a7 roughtec I had for several years, it was a great rifle in every regard, but it was just a dressed up tikka with a heavier fluted barrel

For me, the beauty of tikka is the consistency of them, price for what you get and aftermarket support… different strokes

z987k

WKR
They are threaded 5/8-24, heavier contour barrel that’s fluted, stainless, not cerakoted, come in a chambering not available in other basic tikkas (6.5 prc). There are more appealing features combined here than other offerings.

Read, get off your high horse, and don’t pretend you are pragmatic beyond reproach.
The threading is nice. For a brake. For a suppressor, it's too long, and the fluting keeps you from fixing that.
Only offering the PRC in a more expensive version of the same rifle is a dick move. There's nothing on earth preventing them from doing that in the t3x lite, for no cost to them. That's really close to charging a subscription to use your heated seats.
The t3x was already available in stainless and fluted.

So.. you're getting a painted stock and a threaded barrel.

Don't get me wrong, I have 2 tikkas. This one makes no sense unless it's the same price as the lite/superlite stainless.

Buzby

WKR
I don’t get the pricing on the new line of tikkas, roughtech, veil, ember. $4-500 for a threaded barrel? Sure you get a dipped version of the same t3x stock, yawn, slightly larger diameter barrel, yawn. The threading is the only tangible change. You still have a stock with ergos that suit iron sights, unless you enjoy a chin weld. Once you buy an aftermarket stock, you’re at or over the price of a Seekins havak. Tikkas are a great value at $6-800

Zeb3

FNG
I’ve sent two emails without a reply. So who knows. I have a shooting trip planned for the end of September and I was hoping to bring this rifle along for the trip.

I don’t get the pricing on the new line of tikkas, roughtech, veil, ember. $4-500 for a threaded barrel? Sure you get a dipped version of the same t3x stock, yawn, slightly larger diameter barrel, yawn. The threading is the only tangible change. You still have a stock with ergos that suit iron sights, unless you enjoy a chin weld. Once you buy an aftermarket stock, you’re at or over the price of a Seekins havak. Tikkas are a great value at $6-800
Same thoughts here.

I’d sooner buy a regular T3X and get it threaded before dumping the cash on a $500 more expensive rifle that’s already threaded with a shitty radial brake. I’d come out money ahead even with a high end side port brake. The 5/8 threading is nice, but it’s not nice enough to justify the increased weight of the barrel - especially when the barrels I’ve had threaded at 1/2 shot just like they did before they were threaded(good to great).

I’m not hating on Tikkas - I own three. I just don’t see the value… but then again, it’s not my money to spend.

The Thumbhole stock Sako S20 is available in 6.5 PRC. I wonder if this would be similar to a Tikka in feel and accuracy.

deanrm

FNG
I talked to a Beretta/Tikka rep last weekend, Tikka will be selling replacement set-triggers for the T3's here in the USA.