Tikka t3x lite 6.5 barrel threading?

I have one of these I should sell that I used on my T3X Lite Stainless 6.5 CM. Pretty easy and it works fine if anyone's interested.

(New Barrel going on this winter)

How did you like it? Reduce recoil? How loud was it without hearing protection when hunting?

Brendan

WKR
It works like a muzzle break - reduces recoil. I don't have another brake to compare it to on that rifle, but it works.

No way I'd use it (or any brake) without hearing protection. My advice is don't use a brake if you want to hunt/shoot without something covering your ears.

It works like a muzzle break - reduces recoil. I don't have another brake to compare it to on that rifle, but it works.

No way I'd use it (or any brake) without hearing protection. My advice is don't use a brake if you want to hunt/shoot without something covering your ears.

Yep I'm not a fan of wearing hearing protection in the places I hunt so I might scrap the muzzle brake idea for the 6.5 Creedmoor. It doesnt really kick much anyways.

Sled

WKR
Threading ranges from $75-200 usually. Most will install and time for another $50.

Depends, if you have a 22" Tikka, your diameter is probably enough to support a 9/16 thread. Most smith's I've talked to will cut that. Thunderbeast recommends 0.662 barrel OD for 9/16x24 threads, however that's to hang a can off of, not a tiny brake.
Bumping this up for a question. I have a 7mm-08 tikka t3x lite that I'd like to cut down to 18". Do the tikka barrels have enough taper to get to .662 diameter at 18 inches?

I have multiple T3 lites threaded 5/8x24 at 20” for cans.
Thanks for the quick answer. So the t3 lites have enough thickness to work for 5/8x24?

TBAC said minimum .725 diameter for 5/8x24 CB brake quick mount. And .662 min. for 9/16x24 CB. Are they just being overly cautious? Or would another brand suppressor work better? They recommended Face Mount CB for the tikka. Just trying to understand why.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Thanks for the quick answer. So the t3 lites have enough thickness to work for 5/8x24?

Depends on who you ask. At factory length- 22.4/24.5” they’re a bit light for my taste. At 20” there are no issues. There are thousands upon thousands of T3 lites threaded 5/8x24 around the world being used suppressed without problems.

TBAC said minimum .725 diameter for 5/8x24 CB brake quick mount. And .662 min. for 9/16x24 CB. Are they just being overly cautious? Or would another brand suppressor work better? They recommended Face Mount CB for the tikka. Just trying to understand why.

TBAC is extremely conservative with what they recommend. I’m not telling anyone to go against their recommendations, I’m saying that this works just fine at 5/8x24 direct thread-
02601653-D1E1-4917-86A7-58D20C55EF1F.jpeg

Braaap

WKR
Depends on who you ask. At factory length- 22.4/24.5” they’re a bit light for my taste. At 20” there are no issues. There are thousands upon thousands of T3 lites threaded 5/8x24 around the world being used suppressed without problems.

TBAC is extremely conservative with what they recommend. I’m not telling anyone to go against their recommendations, I’m saying that this works just fine at 5/8x24 direct thread-
View attachment 335965
Form do you run direct thread for this or brake mount? Do you have anymore pics?

I’ve got two T3x’s chopped to 18.5” and threaded at 1/2x28. The gun smith said he couldn’t do 5/8x24. My can is a direct thread w the Area 419 mounting system. Hope that helps!

image.jpg

Braaap

WKR
That’s a direct thread. What specifically do you want to see?
The mounting interface. I just bought a TBAC ultra 7 with cb brake mount and was curious if you had a pic of that style. I have two t3x’s that will need to get cut and threaded. I bought the 5/8x24 brake. Hopefully this will work out.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
The mounting interface. I just bought a TBAC ultra 7 with cb brake mount and was curious if you had a pic of that style. I have two t3x’s that will need to get cut and threaded. I bought the 5/8x24 brake. Hopefully this will work out.

Could just thread it 1/2x28 and use an adapter to get to 5/8x24. Or use the Area 419 brake mount for the TBAC as mentioned above. I’ve also used both with no issues.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator

I’ve used T3 lites with Surefire, OSS, AAC, etc brake mounts.

Bumping this thread again. But for a slightly different reason.

I need to chop and thread my Tikka T3x lite stainless barrel this summer for a Nomad Ti that should be in around Sept./Oct. However, the future of suppressors in WA is threatened. HB 1240 passed the House yesterday. Some say I'll still be able to receive the suppressor, others say the opposite.

Anyways, if I chop that sucker down to 16.5" or 18" and don't get the suppressor, how much will it effect the rifle's performance? (Secondary question, 16.5" or 18"?)

Beaverdog

FNG
with a suppressor or without the performance will still be about the same but cutting it that short without a suppressor it will be quite the noise machine.

Beaverdog

FNG
All my suppressed rifles have a 20” barrel. Not too long with the suppressor on, not too short with the suppressor off. Good middle ground for performance.