Tikka T3x Lite 6.5 Creedmoor Stainless Ordered

I just ordered a Tikka T3x Lite 6.5 Creedmoor in stainless and will pick it up from Academy next week. I wanted a long range whitetail cartridge with more readily available factory ammo. I also like that it’s lightweight. I am selling my Remington 700 Sendero 7mm STW for this Tikka 6.5mm. I already own 308 and 30 06 so I figured I jump in on the 6.5 bandwagon cause I like the ballistics, accuracy and light recoil.

Anyone got reviews on a Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor? How do you like the caliber for whitetail size game for long range 500 yards plus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spc7669

Lil-Rokslider
I have the T3x ultralight in 6.5. Accuracy has been great, even with cheap ammo. I haven’t shot anything with it so I can’t give you any information there. Should be plenty for white tails.

TxxAgg

WKR
you'll love it. I just bought that same rifle a month or two ago and this is the first thing I shot.

Attachments

• 727179A2-95CD-4D3F-9CF2-1C09BAA9F518.jpeg
    727179A2-95CD-4D3F-9CF2-1C09BAA9F518.jpeg
    680.5 KB · Views: 112
I have one with the sportsmatch rings and Optika 6 and love it, it shoots so nice my buddy got one and I set it up for him with a SHV I bore sighted it and first 2-3 shot groups were .4&.3 Which is way better than I’m capable of consistently shooting. They both love 46 grains of RL26 and 140 eldm’s in lapua brass. The mountain tactical trigger springs are excellent and I put the limbsaver and vertical grip on both aside from that they are stock

OP
General RE LEE
Anyone know the stock weight without scope?

I put the vertical grip on all my Tikkas that keep the factory stock. Also, I’ve really come to love the Bradley cheek piece for my current 6.5. It’s using Hawkins rings and a 4-16 NF... a fairly low set up but getting my face a bit higher helps me shoot much more consistent.

Not an issue on my other rifle with sportsmatch and SWFA.

It should shoot well. Before I went with handloads, I was shooting Hornady Precision Hunter. 3-shot groups were routinely sub-MOA.

I did try a box of Federal Premium (135 gr Berger) and Nosler ABLR (cannot recall grain). I could not chamber any of those two.

It should shoot well. Before I went with handloads, I was shooting Hornady Precision Hunter. 3-shot groups were routinely sub-MOA.

I did try a box of Federal Premium (135 gr Berger) and Nosler ABLR (cannot recall grain). I could not chamber any of those two.

Across 3 Tikka 6.5s I have none would chamber the Federal Premium 135 Bergers. Fed fine in a savage but no Tikkas. Not sure if that’s a chamber, OAL, or other issue (not a reloader so I don’t know those details).

zred

FNG
Is there much of a difference between the tikka t3x lite 6.5 creedmoor and superlite 6.5 creedmoor? I'm left handed and looking for a left handed version and the superlite is out of stock at sportsman. thinking about going with the lite.

slowelk

WKR
Is there much of a difference between the tikka t3x lite 6.5 creedmoor and superlite 6.5 creedmoor? I'm left handed and looking for a left handed version and the superlite is out of stock at sportsman. thinking about going with the lite.

the only difference is the fluted barrel on the superlite which is 99% cosmetic.

Reactions: JVS

mapticon

FNG
Ditto on the 99% cosmetic. Sportsman's Warehouse had a sale on the superlite when I bought mine. I don't regret it at all, but the stainless and fluted barrel I can take or leave.

6.5CM doesnt really need a brake, but putting one one really helped me get back on target faster.

Shooting the Tikka T3x in 6.5 has only made shooting more enjoyable, with more time at the range, and in turn I'm a much better shooter than when I started. Hornady Precision Hunter in 143gr is the only ammo I use. Holes inside of holes at 100 yards.

Waiting patiently for Tikka to come out with the T3x in 6.5 PRC.

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't owned a 6.5cm but I've had tikkas in .270win .300win mag and 2 7mm rem mags and all of them shot sub moa. I think they're pretty darn hard to beat for the price. How did yours end up shooting?

OP
General RE LEE
I haven't owned a 6.5cm but I've had tikkas in .270win .300win mag and 2 7mm rem mags and all of them shot sub moa. I think they're pretty darn hard to beat for the price. How did yours end up shooting?

MOA to sub MOA with Federal Terminal Ascent 130 grain 6.5. It didnt like the 143 grain Precision Hunter.