Tikka T3x Lite 6.5 Creedmoor Stainless Ordered

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I've had a t3x superlite 6.5 for a few years, its been a good rifle, I've shot a few caribou with it and some coyotes as well. Mine has an SWFA 3-9 with sportsmatch rings. I like the barnes 127g LRX for it.

Motown

WKR
I have a T3X lite stainless and also a T3X Wideland both in the Creed. Both of them will not chanber the Federal 135grn Bergers, and both have a hard time chambering Nosler ballistic tip factory ammo as well.

The lite shoots extremely well with the ELD-X factory ammo and pretty decent with the Berger factory 135gr. I haven’t played with the Wideland as much yet but so far it will keep the Berger 135gr factory ammo to around 1/2”-3/4” at 100 and 1.25” at 200 yards. The Wideland really likes the Hornady American Gunner ammo which is good because I bought around 600 rounds of it pretty cheap pre Covid. It makes good practice ammo and I am saving all the brass to try out some Hammer Hunters shortly.

OP
General RE LEE
I have a T3X lite stainless and also a T3X Wideland both in the Creed. Both of them will not chanber the Federal 135grn Bergers, and both have a hard time chambering Nosler ballistic tip factory ammo as well.

The lite shoots extremely well with the ELD-X factory ammo and pretty decent with the Berger factory 135gr. I haven’t played with the Wideland as much yet but so far it will keep the Berger 135gr factory ammo to around 1/2”-3/4” at 100 and 1.25” at 200 yards. The Wideland really likes the Hornady American Gunner ammo which is good because I bought around 600 rounds of it pretty cheap pre Covid. It makes good practice ammo and I am saving all the brass to try out some Hammer Hunters shortly.

Did the Wideland come with a brake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
Do you guys like the 24” barrel?

I chopped 3” off the barrel...I felt it would be more maneuverable for my intended uses. Very good accuracy with 140 hornady ELDM. Just bought ELDX for hunting yesterday, but haven’t shot those yet.

OP
General RE LEE
First kill with the Tikka T3x 6.5 Creedmoor. I really like this caliber for its light recoil and killing ability. The Hornady Precision Hunter 143 ELD-X laid this buck out at 237 yards. Pass through and blew out the heart.

6ff06a7bb7a501b5222a419e15960418.jpg

OP
General RE LEE
In southern Middle Tennessee where I hunt we don’t have any big game asides from whitetail and they aren’t particularly big bodied so the 6.5 Creedmoor is a good fit.