TIKKA T3X lite SS in 6.5 prc..yes or no?

Grisha

Lil-Rokslider
ammoseek.com - right now the loads available are limited and expensive. Given the number of people that seem to be buying these rifles, everyone is expecting that will change as supply meets museum. I just got one, picking up a case and a half of ammo as soon as it shows up. Anticipating some great shooting.

OP
C

CJ19

WKR
So i finally made it out to the range with my new tikka t3x lite stainless synthetic in .270. This rifle has a 22 inch barrel. I put a zeiss conquest 4-12 on top. The first 3 shots i put through it were winchester 130 gr factory loads to get it on target. The next 9 shots (3 groups of 3) hand loads 145 gr hornady eldx could all fit under a dime. Thats at 100 yards. Very, very happy so far. Will move out to 250 and 400 yards next week.

Grisha

Lil-Rokslider
So i finally made it out to the range with my new tikka t3x lite stainless synthetic in .270. This rifle has a 22 inch barrel. I put a zeiss conquest 4-12 on top. The first 3 shots i put through it were winchester 130 gr factory loads to get it on target. The next 9 shots (3 groups of 3) hand loads 145 gr hornady eldx could all fit under a dime. Thats at 100 yards. Very, very happy so far. Will move out to 250 and 400 yards next week.
If you don't mind updating your results, definitely interested to see how this is shooting out to 400 yds. I've got a Tikka 270 win and have been very happy with it hunting out to 250, but haven't used it for longer range shooting yet.

asheepdog

FNG
You mentioned you don't like recoil, I am curious about the recoil from a 6.5 PRC. I have never squeezed the trigger on that caliber in any rifle so I am curious about the recoil from a light weight rifle like the Tikka T3 Lite.

OP
C

CJ19

WKR
You mentioned you don't like recoil, I am curious about the recoil from a 6.5 PRC. I have never squeezed the trigger on that caliber in any rifle so I am curious about the recoil from a light weight rifle like the Tikka T3 Lite.
I have also never shot a 6.5 prc. It was my original intention to purchase 1 but i ended up with a 270 instead. From what i have read, the recoil between a 270 and 6.5 prc are similar but i will have to differ to someone with actual experience with both for better info.

Novice

Lil-Rokslider
I was looking at the 6.5 for a while. I dont even see it available at Unknown Munitions.

Hicksy

FNG
I purchased the Tikka T3x Veil Wideland in 6.5 PRC a few weeks in central PA. Ammo is almost none existent in my experience so far. I make stops at several shops and big box stores daily. The usual answer is "I don't recall the last time i seen that".

Psal

FNG
I just picked up a Tikka veil welideland in 6.5 prc and it’s a pleasure to shoot. Very little recoil, especially with the brake it came with. It’s stupid accurate. I haven’t put a ton of rounds through it just yet but did a quick little break in the other night and shots 11,12 and 13 went .668 of an inch. I’d say grab one and have fun! Ammo is a bummer to find but I bought some brass on here, 50 rounds through Unknown Munitions and found 7 boxes of Hornady ammo at a local shop so ammo is out there if you look hard enough.
Juat wondering. What rounds were you using for your tikka in 6.5 prc getting those tight groups? Im debating getting my scope turrets dialed in for the hornady 143 or 147 grain ELDx or m. Thanks!

Juat wondering. What rounds were you using for your tikka in 6.5 prc getting those tight groups? Im debating getting my scope turrets dialed in for the hornady 143 or 147 grain ELDx or m. Thanks!
I believe that was with Hornady 143 eldx but I can’t remember for sure. The best groups I shot with it though were with Hornady outfitter 130 cx. I have since sold that gun but kinda wish I kept it after shooting the cx bullets and seeing what they could do.

Packmansion

Lil-Rokslider
As a shooter who likes light rifles but not a ton of recoil, should my next rifle be a tikka t3x lite in 6.5 prc? My dad has recently purchased a few tikkas and they shoot very well out of the box. I like the feel and actions of them. I can generally hand recoil of anything to about 30-06 in 7ish to 8 lb pound rifle. The 6.5 prc seems like a great choice for game up to elk size out to long ranges. To top it off, i love stainless rifles with synthetic stocks and the above mentioned tikka fits that. Is there any reason i shouldnt buy one?
Where are you seeing a 6.5 prc lite ss? Id love to buy one... All I see are the rough tech models...

OP
C

CJ19

WKR
Where are you seeing a 6.5 prc lite ss? Id love to buy one... All I see are the rough tech models...
This was last year. Since then i just bought that rifle in 270. I was pretty sure it was on tikkas website as a choice and maybe 1 other place. It is possible i misunderstood at the time or am not remembering correctly now. Sorry i cant provide better info.

OP
C

CJ19

WKR
I've been wondering this as well

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Heres one like i think you are referring too. Like i said, i may have confused this with the standard ss syynthetic at the time.

Packmansion

Lil-Rokslider

Heres one like i think you are referring too. Like i said, i may have confused this with the standard ss syynthetic at the time.
I see. Man don't know what is up with Tikka man. The roughtech is kinda cool but I'd rather pay for a plain lite ss. I have was hoping to get a 6.5 prc turn it into a 300 WSM and then keep the old PRC barrel and swap it back and forth as desired. 6.5 prc seems like a fuuuuun target round but not about to drop 1229 for fun... Man Tikka lower your prices. I got my first t3x super lite for $700... They are great rifles if they are CHEAP and well made. May as well buy a Sako at this point. Hopefully when they release 7 PRC the offer it in a plain old super lite.

OP
C

CJ19

WKR
Heres what my tikka t3x lite ss chambered in .270 that i purchased instead of a 6.5 prc does consistently at 400 yards.

20231007_153126.jpg

If you don't mind updating your results, definitely interested to see how this is shooting out to 400 yds. I've got a Tikka 270 win and have been very happy with it hunting out to 250, but haven't used it for longer range shooting yet.