Tikka T3x lite stainless steel sale prices?

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered a Tikka t3x lite stainless 7mm rem mag from Whittakers for $560 shipped and insured. Thanks for the information! I was about to buy one for $750.

Rmauch20

WKR
I just picked up my tikka T3x in .308 yesterday it is everything is supposed to be. Even after shipping and paying the transfer fee of $25.00 I still saved over $175. It was a good deal and they shipped it fast. No issues at all. I just need to get my DNZ scope mount ordered and will be ready to go.

The newer T3x superlites are $750. Stainless with fluted barrels, metal recoil lug, stock is bit more filled and has adjustable grip. Only at Cabela's and Sportsmans warehouse I believe. Different than the t3x stainless and the older T3 stainless superlite as well.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Is it just me, or did Whittaker's drastically raise their prices?!

It’s not just you. Tikka started forcing dealers to sell at that price so no more 550.00 tikkas from Whitaker’s.

About a month ago sportsman’s was selling the superlite for 650.00 but that’s over.

It’s a strange thing it’s like for a long time, tikkas were a 700 dollar rifle you could get for 400, then 500, then 550 dollars. Now they are a 750 dollar rifle that you can get for 750 but there’s sort of a lock of competition in that price bracket so they are still a good choice, just not the value they once were.

HiMtnHntr

WKR
I jumped on the superlite for 650 deal last month. I think you will see some sales in the future. They gotta sell those guns!

TwoTikkas

WKR
Patience is in fact a virtue. I never pay full retail for gear. Be it Sitka, Kryptec, Tikka, or any of a number of other brands. If Beretta USA really wants me for a customer,they can run some sales. If not, no worries. The world is full of rifles. After 10 of them I need to move on anyway I guess.

TwoTikkas

WKR
Ah the good old days. My first T3 was a stainless 22/250. Just over $500 out the door. It was one of the very early T3s. The stainless was actually quite prone to Minor rusting. Swore I'd never buy another. That was 9 Tikkas ago,lol. Still watching for a smoking deal on a 308 compact. I'd like to pick one up for my daughter before her 2019 elk hunt. Used T3s are pretty scarce. Especially in 308. Locally anyway.

Supply and demand. Seems like those things were flying off the shelf at ~$600. They couldn’t keep up. If demand is that high above supply at that price point then you raise your price.

It is a business decision. Raise the price and position them higher up the food chain. Gets them away from ruger American and savage att he lower end of the market. As far as tikka forcing them, I am sure those dealers don’t mind charging you an extra $100-150.

I love my two tikkas. My 6.5 from Whitaker’s is now my primary boomer. My old 308 CTR is a friggin laser and has been on long term “loan” to a hunting buddy that has now loaned it to another buddy. At his point they have shot more critters with it than I have. I am going to have to report it stolen to get that thing back.

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a stainless T3x in 300 Win Mag on Gunbroker, and was still below $700 with shipping and transfer costs factored in. I still see a lot of value in this rifle at that price point.