Tikka t3x lite > superlite ?

So I think I have it narrowed down to buying a Tikka t3x in 7mm RM. Is there a reason why the superlite is $50 cheaper than then lite at Sportsman's Warehouse? I would assume that the superlite would cost more to make due to the barrel fluting.

Also the superlites were $75 off a few weeks ago but out of stock, I got an email saying they're back in stock but not on sale. Does anyone know if they will go back on sale anytime soon?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Sportsman’s has to adhere to MAP pricing on non Exclusive tikka rifles

since they are exclusive seller of the superlites (non camo) they can sell at price they want to.

superlite over lite for my money.

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider

since they are exclusive seller of the superlites (non camo) they can sell at price they want to.

+1
BB.jpg

Lytro

WKR
I've noticed them on sale quite a bit at SW. I have a superlite in 7mm RM that I got from Sportsman's about 3 years ago. I like it a lot, but it all depends on what you plan on using it for. If you're using it in the mountains and don't plan on using it for long range shooting, I would go with the superlite any day.

OP
M
Thanks guys! I'll hold out a little longer and wait for a sale.

OP
M
I've noticed them on sale quite a bit at SW. I have a superlite in 7mm RM that I got from Sportsman's about 3 years ago. I like it a lot, but it all depends on what you plan on using it for. If you're using it in the mountains and don't plan on using it for long range shooting, I would go with the superlite any day.
I guess are you saying you would go with the lite for long range if so why is that? Also what would you consider long range. I'm think 5-600 at the range and 400 for hunting.

I guess are you saying you would go with the lite for long range if so why is that? Also what would you consider long range. I'm think 5-600 at the range and 400 for hunting.

You’ll be fine with either one at those ranges. I have a SL that’s bone stock I’ve ran out to 800 with factory ammo with zero issues.

Another buddy of mine has a SL he’s taken over 1k a few times. His is a little more hot-rodded but still the factory barrel and he’s got zero issues as well.

I want to say before Beretta pulled the MAP stunt the SL was 50-100 more than the regular lite. I remember looking at them when I bought a 7mag 3 or 4 years ago and I couldn’t justify the price difference for what little extra you got. Now it’s no question I’d go SL. You can find the regular stainless lites for 650 or so online from a few places if you want to save a bit, but by the time I pay for the transfer around here the difference is 10s of dollars.

Lytro

WKR

I would go with the SL if that’s what your needs are. The barrel is shorter, and obvioulsy lighter, which doen’t make it an ideal long range rifle. For personal ethical reasons I limit myself to 500 yards while hunting anyways, and the SL has been a great platform for me In the mountains. It will shoot sub MOA out of the box with factory ammo. I don’t think you could go wrong with any Tikka. Best value of any rifle in that price range, IMO.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Wasn’t there a gun shop in Georgia that had some pretty solid deals in t3x lites?

the one I have now is a superlite, the next one I get will be a lite since I plan on cutting the barrel down.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Superlite is awesome. If you can get it cheaper than lite do it. Only real difference is fluting and a small bit of weight. Typically they are about 100-150 more and only sold at sportsman’s or cabelas.

I have one in 6.5C and it shoots 0.5MOA pretty easily and is a great hunting rig. Not sure if the 7mag has COAL restrictions for mag length in the long action but assuming SAAMI length will shoot great too.