Tikka T3x LITE VEIL ALPINE in 300 WSM or 300 Win Mag

BjornF16

WKR
If you reload or plan to in the future, get the WSM, if you will only ever shoot factory ammo is doesn’t matter and Win Mag ammo is probably easier to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’ll still stabilize 200+ grain bullets without the mag length restrictions you’ll get with the WM.

Again, if you’re a guy that buys ammo off the shelf the WM is probably the better option anyway due to availability.

With the way the chamber/throat is cut, you’re not gonna fit much over 205/208s in the factory barrel anyway without losing a lot of powder capacity.
^^^ These two nailed it

Jeff, what are your thoughts on 6.5 CM for elk?
It’s been proven by people far more experienced than I that it’ll kill an elk.

Do I think a bigger hole is better? Sure… but a bigger hole doesn’t mean much if you’re shooting an animal in the ass at 100 yards because of the hellacious flinch you developed.

If you can shoot the big cartridges - great! Even better if you can do it unbraked without flinching in a lighter weight package! I’ll be the first to admit I can’t. I shoot a 300wsm running 200 eldx that is braked and honestly about the same recoil as my 6.5. I just don’t think getting the snot beat out of you is fun, and not only that - I want a gun that I want to shoot. I want to go out and have fun shooting as much as I can afford to. Also, I’m already a stickler about earpro due to hearing loss from playing in bands as a teenager/early 20s so earpro goes in every time no exceptions.

I have a Tikka TX3 in 300 win mag - I hand load 180 grain Nosler Accubonds as my all around ammo. Son has the Super light version from Sportsmans Warehouse I load the same for it with different brass. Both shoot better than we can. Kill stuff dead.

h8brick

FNG
I have the Wideland Veil in 300 Win and my buddy has the Wideland Veil in 300 WSM. We both love our rifles. The 300 Win is limited by the magazine length, so I can't load 212 ELD-X or 215 Bergers, but the 200 ELD-X works well. 300 Win has also been easier to find ammo for.

My suggestion: buy ammo first, then rifle that chambers it.

If you can get 200+ rounds of Win or WSM, that will make your decision for you. Save the brass and send it to Custom Reloads of Dallas for a new load.

Sent from my SM-N975U using T

I have the Wideland Veil in 300 Win and my buddy has the Wideland Veil in 300 WSM. We both love our rifles. The 300 Win is limited by the magazine length, so I can't load 212 ELD-X or 215 Bergers, but the 200 ELD-X works well. 300 Win has also been easier to find ammo for.

My suggestion: buy ammo first, then rifle that chambers it.

If you can get 200+ rounds of Win or WSM, that will make your decision for you. Save the brass and send it to Custom Reloads of Dallas for a new load.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I pulled this guy up i read the first 6 or 7 reviews and this guy is horrible , plus the same price if not higher on ammo as if i ordered factory off gunbroker! Fck that clown!

LightFoot

WKR
I pulled this guy up i read the first 6 or 7 reviews and this guy is horrible , plus the same price if not higher on ammo as if i ordered factory off gunbroker! Fck that clown!
What!‽

You are mistaken, if you are talking about me.

As far as Custom Reloads of Dallas, I had a good experience with him ordering 6.5 PRC and 300 Win, but that's just my experience.

Last edited:

h8brick

FNG
What!‽

You are mistaken, if you are talking about me.

As far as Custom Reloads of Dallas, I had a good experience with him ordering 6.5 PRC and 300 Win, but that's just my experience.

not talking about you , but that guy has horrible reviews , just saying

Seeknelk

WKR
In a Tikka , I would only go with a WSM for MY uses. I don't want limits in my ammo length but I do handload and would want to load 215 bergers. HOWEVER, several friends of mine shoot the 200 eldx Hornady precision factory loads very well from 300 WM. And killed several big bulls with it.
Or if I was stuck with a WM I'd be trying the 124 Hammer hunter at warp speed if only shooting to 500 yards or less. Extremely flat and deadly and have MPBR out to nearly 400 yards. Would be a simple killing tool. But that's a pretty deep dive into handloading. I've shot them from my 300 prc at 3700 so far ,but didn't look for accuracy yet but it should be accurate with ease. Hammers usually are.

Novice

Lil-Rokslider
How effective are the brakes on these? I’ve heard a few times Tikkas are hard kickers. Pretty tempting in 7RM or 300wm. Seem like an awesome value.

Mulyhuntr

WKR
Radial brakes aren't as good as a 3 or 4 port brake and they blow dust everywhere when prone. The change from the factory radial brake to a apa "the answer" on my 7 rem mag was significant.
How effective are the brakes on these? I’ve heard a few times Tikkas are hard kickers. Pretty tempting in 7RM or 300wm. Seem like an awesome value.

Novice

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you! Just screws right on? No mods ? Forgive the stupid question.
Radial brakes aren't as good as a 3 or 4 port brake and they blow dust everywhere when prone. The change from the factory radial brake to a apa "the answer" on my 7 rem mag was significant.