Tikka T3X Lite

XR357

FNG
The nice thing with the WSM is you can always switch the bolt stop and Mag and have tons of OAL to work with. Not the same story on the 270 win. But always thought to beat the 270 win

Storman

FNG
Looking for some input from everyone interested.

I honestly have no real need for a new rifle but you all know how it goes. LOL

I`m interested in jumping on the Tikka band wagon. Seems the reports are they shoot well and are lite. I would mostly use is for spring bear hunting but antelope, deer and possibly elk if I really enjoy carrying it.

I`m thinking 270 win or seriously leaning toward 270 wsm. I am getting into reloading and already have a 270 win and have gathered components. The only thing I would be missing for the 270 wsm is brass and a die set.

It looks like the 270 wsm has extra velocity but I have never shot one and am wondering about recoil.

What are your opinions between these two calibers? I`m also open to your thoughts on other calibers in this platform.

Thanks.
Not sure the little velocity is worth the added recoil plus the added cost of ammo. .270 is plenty of gun with a quality of bullet. I bought the Tikka super lite in 7mm-08 and is a tack driver. Good luck!

Sled

WKR
I have a t3 270 wsm. The chamber is a bit loose and it doesn't hit advertised fps before pressure signs develope in all loads I've tried. 7828 was the best powder for my loads. Also the limb saver butt pad is worth the investment.

If not reloading I'd say 270win. More availability of ammo and similar performance. Same long action as tikkas 270wsm but different magazine. I can't remember my twist rates but stability is great with 150s but falls off shortly thereafter.

All my tikkas sure shoot well though.