Tikka T3x or Bergara Premier Series

barrister

WKR
Tikka T3x or Bergara Premier Series or Barrett Fieldcraft

I’m looking for input from people who have experience with both the Tikka T3x and the Bergara Premier Series rifles. Specifically, I’m interested in the Premier Series Mountain Rifle in both 6.5 Creedmoor and 30-06, and the Stalker in 300 Win Mag. I have two Tikkas and like the feel and handling of the rifles. I don’t have a lot of experience shooting them yet. I may be selling the Tikka 300 Win Mag because it has considerably more recoil than another 300 WM I own. Is the extra money for the Bergara worth it versus the Tikka? I don’t mind paying extra for a true upgrade. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

EDIT: As noted in my post below, I've added the Barrett Fieldcraft into the mix on this decision. Also have the .243 Win as a possibility with the Fieldcraft.

Last edited:

Pwells10

WKR
Let me know if you do end up selling the .300. I may be interested.

Bergara and Tikka are hard to beat. Bergara on one hand is what the Remington 700 SHOULD be. Plus you get a rifle that has an "aftermarket" barrel from a company that's been doing it for a long time. They feel great, shoot great and look great. And lightweight.

Then there's the Tikka, they look, feel and shoot great. Plus they're lightweight. It's the "poor man's Sako" from what we call it in my neck of the woods.

Both rifles are guaranteed sub moa which is great! The only thing I do not like with the Tikka that the bergara has a better edge on is the barrel twist. The bergara has a 1:10 while the tikka has a 1:11 which I don't care for that, but to each there own.

You'd be able to save some money with the Tikka. Even if you'd want to re-barrel and get a better stock. Depending on manufacturers of course.

I own a tikka and I love them. Such a smooth action. I'm going to re-barrel to a 6.5-.284 for a bit longer deer rifle.

I've also shot a couple bergara's and they handle very well. Shoot great.

In the end, don't have regrets. If you really want the bergara, get it.

Thanks! Hope I helped a little!

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
Barrister,

I have a Tikka CTR, so I definitely like Tikkas. But I looked elsewhere when I bought my 300. Reason is that I wanted to shoot the heaviest bullets I could out of mine, so the short Tikka box and the 11 twist they use is not ideal for that purpose, especially at near sea level where I live.

I don't know how Bergara have their 300's setup, but if you are looking to shoot the long 210-215 gr bullets, you might want to look into their box length and twist.

HTH!

OP
B

barrister

WKR
Thanks all. Very good info and much appreciated. I plan to shoot 200 grain bullets in the 300. It will be interesting to see how the Tikka shoots them. I put a Limbsaver on it. I’m going to give it another try with the new recoil pad on it.

OP
B

barrister

WKR
I'm still interested in information anyone may have to add on this topic. Great information received so far. I'm also intrigued by the Barrett Fieldcraft. Any comparisons between it and the Bergara Premier Mountain rifle would be great.