Tikka T3x rings

OP
silverbullet555
So, let's say I go with the sportsmatch rings.

Need to determine the height.

Running a 50mm objective and don't see that changing.

I do envision changing the barrel at some point to a proof sendero when I get some other work done to the rifle.

They aren't crazy expensive so buying another set of rings then isn't the end of the world. But, knowing that, what height am I likely to need?

gbflyer

WKR
Talley. Call them directly if you have questions. Good customer service, made in the USA. I have them on everything from ones that kick hard to rimfires. No issues ever.

slowelk

WKR
Don't buy talley rings. Simply compare the hardware on those to some of the others mentioned here.

I use sportsmatch on one of my tikkas and they do just fine. If you want something a little fancier, I also use the Spuhr SCT 3001 on another rifle and they are super rugged as well. Neither of those offer any moa/elevation options, so if you want that you'll need to go with a rail. Also, your 50mm will not work with the T084, you will likely need the HT073.

archp625

WKR
Huge fan of Hawkins Hybrid Rings. They are a one piece design that has a rear bubble level built in. They are about $120 and are as solid as they get. I have a set for my CA Ridgeline and my brother has a set for his Tikka T3X. I'm betting your scope would work with the lows since its a 30 mm tube.

cliffyj

FNG
Another vote for Dnz. I installed them on a Tikka 7mm Rem Mag a few years ago and since have replaced rings on two other rifles with them. They are also easy to install and I didn’t have an alignment concerns.

Another vote for Dnz. I installed them on a Tikka 7mm Rem Mag a few years ago and since have replaced rings on two other rifles with them. They are also easy to install and I didn’t have an alignment concerns.

Yep, I've got one on my 7 mm mag (30 mm tube), one on my 30-06, and another on my Tikka stainless lite in 6.5 manbun. Simple, sturdy, and well-machined in my experience. Less moving parts make me sleep better at night too. I'll probably buy a few more when I rescope a few more rifles.

OP
silverbullet555
I do like the DNZ as an option. Any issues with single screws on each ring? Price is decent and in stock?

Height recommendation for 50MM objective and sender barrel profile?

TX_Diver

WKR
Been a long time since I shopped for rings but I really like the Talley Lightweight One piece.

Crusader

WKR
I'm with a couple others here, Talleys on my Tikkas. One is a .270wsm, not a huge kicker but not soft, either. Have had that one for many years, mainly a whitetail rifle but have also humped up and down the elk mountains a couple trips and absolutely no issues. The other Tikka is a 6.5 Creed and it's been great, too. I can afford to but am not one to overspend on things and these rings do great and they're not overpriced. My two cents....

Joby619

FNG
I just ordered the sportsmatch t084 today just so I could use the built in rail and recoil hole. I’m planning on buying the t3x superlite camo from cabelas. Currently in the process of sourcing some gift cards.

CBDuchess

FNG
So, let's say I go with the sportsmatch rings.

Need to determine the height.

Running a 50mm objective and don't see that changing.

I do envision changing the barrel at some point to a proof sendero when I get some other work done to the rifle.

They aren't crazy expensive so buying another set of rings then isn't the end of the world. But, knowing that, what height am I likely to need?
I bought the T084 rings for my 50mm objective and they were too low. Had to make another order for the HO73 high rings.

Joby619

FNG
Too low in what way? I have used multiple 50mm scopes with TO84’s.
Thanks for posting this, I was thinking I need to order the higher mount. I have was planning on using a 6-20x50 Leupold. I hope the t084 works, but it going to be awhile before I can try it. I purchased the mounts, but have not purchased the rifle yet.

CBDuchess

FNG
Too low in what way? I have used multiple 50mm scopes with TO84’s.
My Zeiss Conquest DL 3-12×50 rested on the barrel of my T3X. Pictured is the high rings. It's too bad they don't have an in between option.

Attachments

• 20200924_220754.jpg
    20200924_220754.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 184

ETtikka

WKR
Just received some sportsmatch rings from

shipping was super fast considering it was UK.
For the money, very impressive quality. I also have DNZ, but I would have to go with these sportsmatch for a tikka.

morgaj1

WKR

For the money, very impressive quality. I also have DNZ, but I would have to go with these sportsmatch for a tikka.

Did they need lapping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
silverbullet555

Medium or high?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk