Tikka T3x rings

I have a Tikka T3x SS in 7mm RM that I need to get rings for. There is no rail on it right now.

Better to get a rail and use standard rings or get rings that fit into the notches on the receiver.

Scope will be a Nightforce SHV 4-14x50 which has a 30mm tube.

Rail or integral rings?

If a rail, which one do you recommend?

If integral rings, which ones do you recommend?

torero93

Lil-Rokslider
I just got a T3X in 6.5...I’ve ordered a set of Talley rings for it...they make em specific to the tikkas...don’t have them yet but heard good things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsully

Lil-Rokslider
I had a Leupold Backcountry Rail on my Tikka T3X Superlite, added some UTG rings on top of that. It worked pretty nicely. But next time, I would like to try the Talleys. Seems very streamline and less parts/failure.

I do say ‘had’ since my Tikka was stolen while being evacuated from the Riverside Fire (Oregon), but that’s another problem!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Sports match is what I have now, when I had a rail, I had an area 419 with nightforce ultralights.

TxxAgg

WKR
Use the sportsmatch or even Warne to take advantage of the receiver already being milled for it. I wouldn't want to add an extra rail.

I have talleys in mine but i used epoxy in addition to torquing the screws properly. I dont't want them coming off unless I add heat.

RF76

FNG
I have a pair of Sako Optilock rings and bases ready for installation in 30mm Medium. Had a Vortex 4-16x50 on them with no clearing issues. Let me know if you are interested. Most stores are out of stock.

vhr1079

FNG
Im a fan of the DNZ Game Reaper. Simple, one piece design and very lightweight. I’ve got one on a Tikka and one on a Remington and very pleased with both.

morgaj1

WKR
Im a fan of the DNZ Game Reaper. Simple, one piece design and very lightweight. I’ve got one on a Tikka and one on a Remington and very pleased with both.

I second this. I have these on 6-7 rifles and all have held up well for many years. Cartridges range from .243 to 300WM.

wildcat33

WKR
Seems like there is a market for more direct mount options than sportsmatch (sometimes hard to get) and warne (heavy? High?). Would love to try the Spuhr UL mount... but that price is unreasonable...

I use Sportsmatch and Hawkins Hybrid direct mounts on my T3X lites. They’ve both been solid for me

Before that I used mountain tactical rails and either Warne or NF rings. Still do on a CTR.

I wish someone would make a clamp on rings with recoil lug pin (like sportsmatch) but with ~20MOA or so cant built in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
silverbullet555
Thanks. Just got back from hunting antelope with my son. I'll take a look at some of the recommendations.

OP
silverbullet555
Are sports match rings really good? Cheap? Or both?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dobermann

WKR
Strange they are marketed for air guns these days.

Maybe not so strange - folks in the UK take their airguns pretty seriously, and spring-powered airguns have a different recoiling movement than centrefires. Some call this reverse recoil, 'double reverse', and so on. Whatever the case, airgun scopes and mounts have to be rock solid.

Dobermann

WKR
Are sports match rings really good? Cheap? Or both?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Both ... just like Tikkas and the SWFA 3-9 SS, or the SHV you got - so you end up with all three critical components being both affordable and reliable.

Not always the case with so much else in life, and almost unsexy in their utilitarianism, and lack of 'look at me' factor. But they work!