WTS Tikka T3x Roughtech Stock (damaged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bow_hunt32

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Long story here so bear with me but I want whoever is interested in this to know exactly what theyre getting. So last week I purchased a brand new roughtech 6.5 PRC, I decided I wanted to add a coyote tan vertical grip to it. Upon my new grip arriving I go to remove the factory grip that comes on the stock. When I back the bolt out the whole insert comes out with it. I then try and remove the the bolt from the insert thinking I'll just epoxy the insert back in the stock. I then discover it is severely cross threaded from the factory. I end up ruining the cheap pot metal insert trying to get the bolt out of it. I then call Beretta and spend half an hour on hold. I tell them my issue and that this manufacturer defect has me with a brand new gun with a ruined stock and no grip. The lady then tells me sorry the gun is too new we dont have any stocks to send you, you're outta luck. Unbelievable! So I decide my only option is to head to Menards and find an insert the bolt will fit into. An hour later I find something that may work. I get it home and begin to either fix the stock or ruin it trying. Well I ruined it trying. The insert I got needed to be in the perfect spot to align, I got it close but it was sticking out too far for the grip to seat properly, I take a dremel to it to shave it down a bit and end up ruining the threads where the bolt wont go back in. So this leads me here. I have a roughtech stock for sale with a messed up grip. If someone wanted to remove the insert I tried putting in and then just expoxy the grip on permanently they could do that or if your more savvy than me you may be able to fit a new insert in for it to work with interchangeable grips. Anyway, make me an offer for the stock and factory grip!

Attachments

• t3x1.jpg
    t3x1.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 128
  • t3x.jpg
    t3x.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 127

gbflyer

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’d just glue the vertical grip to it and roll on. That’s the good one, throw the other one in the trash.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Fir that price, I will take it.

Actually, the site does not allow auction, so you need to name a price

Status
Not open for further replies.