Tikka T3X scope mount

Sports match rings are highly recommended on here but seem a little sketchy at best to order.

Thoughts on MountainTactical Raptor mount? Seems similar by clamping on the dovetail with added lug.

I like Talley lightweights and DNZ but if the dovetail is as true as claimed I do think it makes sense to utilize that system.

I've ordered many sets of TO84's from these guys. Always been happy with their pricing and service.

The Sportsmatch rings keep a scope nice and low, and I use them whenever I can. The only draw backs I see to the Sportsmatch is limited ring spacing and inability to add inclination. If you are mounting up a very long scope, I like to get the rings as distally spaced as possible, and that's just not always possible when sticking to the integral rail.

I've also used rails on Tikkas. Sometimes I need a little extra mounting hight or wider ring spacing. I prefer the models with an integral recoil lug.

Last edited:

Phillipsmikes

FNG
Classified Approved
I went with Leupold Backcountry on my T3x with a Trijicon 3-9x40 and have been very pleased. Didn’t want to do a rail, and think they look better than Talley. Didn’t want to do Warne since heavier and Sports match, while get great reviews just didn’t give me confidence.

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
May be a bit different than what your after, but 419 pic rail for tikka is solid. Then rings of your choice.

OP
doverpack12
You can get the to84 from air guns of Arizona right now.
I’m going 1” tube 42mm objective, any chance someone knows the to84c dimension from base to bottom tube? Don’t want a bunch of space if it isn’t needed. They don’t offer a low.

Talley lows are 0.5”, medium 0.6”

Still odd both my phone and computer block and Sportsmatch related website

I’m going 1” tube 42mm objective, any chance someone knows the to84c dimension from base to bottom tube? Don’t want a bunch of space if it isn’t needed. They don’t offer a low.

Talley lows are 0.5”, medium 0.6”

Still odd both my phone and computer block and Sportsmatch related website
The TO84 is for 30mm. IIRC, the TO48 is for 1", but you'll want to confirm that before ordering. I can't speak to the 1" variety, but the Sportsmatch I've used are one of the Lowest mounting set ups for Tikka I've used.

FWIW, I've found the Sportsmatch rings to be more rugged than Talley LW.

My sportsmatch arrived pretty quick and very low pain in the ass factor. I had a dnz mount before, which was fine. Another tikka wearing a mountain Tac rail and NF rings. Heavier and literally 5x the cost and I can’t say they are any better than sportsmatch.

B23

WKR
Thoughts on MountainTactical Raptor mount? Seems similar by clamping on the dovetail with added lug.
I have their Raptor mount on a couple Tikka's now and they may be a little more expensive then some of the other setups but they're a very quality mount that is extremely solid. If I ever buy another Tikka, i'll 100% use another Raptor mount on it.

Something to keep in mind, the comb height on Tikka's is fairly low so unless you plan to put some kind of adj. cheek riser on it, you'll want to keep your scope setup as low as possible. One of my Tikka's has a 42mm Obj. scope and I used their low Raptor mount on that one. If you're using a scope with a 50mm you'll want to look into Mountain Tacticals adj. cheek riser as well because you can't really get a 50mm low enough and still get decent cheekweld.

FWIW, I believe they're on sale right now too.

Last edited:
OP
doverpack12
I have their Raptor mount on a couple Tikka's now and they may be a little more expensive then some of the other setups but they're a very quality mount that is extremely solid. If I ever buy another Tikka, i'll 100% use another Raptor mount on it.

Something to keep in mind, the comb height on Tikka's is fairly low so unless you plan to put some kind of adj. cheek riser on it, you'll want to keep your scope setup as low as possible. One of my Tikka's has a 42mm Obj. scope and I used their low Raptor mount on that one. If you're using a scope with a 50mm you'll want to look into Mountain Tacticals adj. cheek riser as well because you can't really get a 50mm low enough and still get decent cheekweld.

FWIW, I believe they're on sale right now too.
Thanks, 1” 42mm is the scope so will think about the low. Good to hear your thoughts.
About over attempting to buy sportsmatch rings anyway.

amassi

WKR
Spuhr has both light and heavy mounts that attach directly to the dovetail. Iv had a hand full and would buy more if I needed more tikka mounts.
How's the height on these? Would be on a nxs 2.5-10x42 so low preferably

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
The lowest 30mm hunting mount is okay for a 40mm optic, it’s a hair higher than as low as possible.

I could fit my 50mm shv in one with no room to spare with a lite barrel, anything thicker meant it wasn’t fitting.

I did mount a 42mm shv in one for a buddy, it feels right to me but I don’t like my scopes super low

amassi

WKR
Thanks it's a really great looking mount. I'm going to order 1 and see how it works.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk