Tikka T3x Scope Rings

treillw

WKR
Just picked up a Tikka T3x. What kind of scope rings have you guys found to work the best on them? I will be putting a Leupold VX6HD 3-18x44 on it.

Do nightforce picatinny style rings mount onto the rail grooves machined into the top of the action?

Thanks!

slowelk

WKR
I’ve got the Hawkins rings on my T3x superlite 6.5, holding down a leupold vx-5 3-15. They look sharp, and the sight-in was a breeze. No field days yet. Waiting for some snow to melt to stretch out her legs.
I owe you a photo, sportsman’s challenge, but I’m still waiting on the MT bottom metal.

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ve got the Hawkins rings on my T3x superlite 6.5, holding down a leupold vx-5 3-15. They look sharp, and the sight-in was a breeze. No field days yet. Waiting for some snow to melt to stretch out her legs.
I owe you a photo, sportsman’s challenge, but I’m still waiting on the MT bottom metal.
Still waiting on that bottom metal, man might be worth a phone call to jason

slowelk

WKR
Still waiting on that bottom metal, man might be worth a phone call to jason

I called earlier this week, and the front-desk gal said she was shipping Thursday (yesterday), but I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation yet. I'm calling today.

FlyingScot

Lil-Rokslider
Just picked up a Tikka T3x. What kind of scope rings have you guys found to work the best on them? I will be putting a Leupold VX6HD 3-18x44 on it.

Do nightforce picatinny style rings mount onto the rail grooves machined into the top of the action?

Thanks!

Picatinny rings won't be a straight mount onto the T3x dovetail, it's 16.5mm and doesn't have the cross slots cut.

I went with Warne Tikka rings initially on mine, but have some Sportsmatch on the way on Form's recommendation.

Amazed how few mounting solutions take advantage of the built in dovetail/recoil lug slot

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

MT bottom metal is worth the wait, I love mine, awesome upgrade right there.

slowelk

WKR
MT bottom metal is worth the wait, I love mine, awesome upgrade right there.

*Apology for hijacking thread.

What improvements have you noticed other than the aesthetic aspect? Did you change your action screws torque? Did the added rigidity improve accuracy in a measurable way? others?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
*Apology for hijacking thread.

What improvements have you noticed other than the aesthetic aspect? Did you change your action screws torque? Did the added rigidity improve accuracy in a measurable way? others?

For me, I like the larger trigger guard since Im often wearing gloves, I also think that all around it just gives the gun more of a high quality feel. I also think the latch that holds the magazine in the gun is much more substantial than the flimsy factory one.

As for accuracy, torque, havn't had time to look into that yet.

Sled

WKR
bumping this old thread to see if anyone found a sportsmatch stateside dealer or one that will ship to the US? i'm specifically looking for the 1" rings that mount to the factory tikka dovetail -- TO48C

it's nice to be able to take the scope off and leave the rings on without having all the extra weight of a rail. wish more suppliers would use the factory dovetail.

I called airguns I’d Arizona. They are back ordered and about 2 shipments behind

Good luck

I can’t get eBay seller to ship anything to me As well

Sled

WKR
I called airguns I’d Arizona. They are back ordered and about 2 shipments behind

Good luck

I can’t get eBay seller to ship anything to me As well

i called and they are behind. they did not show the TO48C in their catalog but rather the TO49C as on order. the 49C doesn't fit the tikka from what i can tell. looks like it might be a different recoil lug. https://www.sportsmatch-uk.com/1-di...lens-diameter-includes-removable-arrestor-pin

i did find 2 overseas dealers willing to ship but no one is sure when shipping will resume. are there any alternatives you'd suggest to the sportsmatch rings that are locally sourced?

Sled

WKR
I'm still going to look for alternatives but for now i'm going to take a shot in the dark on one of the two euro suppliers.

it should be mentioned that these are the 1" version. most scopes are 30mm tubes so it's a bit harder to find the 1".

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
There’s nothing like the Sportsmatch from anyone else. They’re worth the wait/hassle.

270quest

WKR
Form - what height/model number do you run with a 3-9x SS? I would be running a 2.5-10x42 NF but the they are both 42mm objectives