Tikka T3x Stainless - Allterra stock out - Need other suggestions

homers

WKR
I have a Tikka T3x Stainless and am going to order an Allterra Carbon Hunter stock. I'm having trouble deciding on the finish. I'm not exactly known for fashion or being able to match shirts with pants unless it's a tshirt and jeans.

I like the look of Demascus Winter, Demascus Desert and Everglade.

Looking for finish recommendations to have a nice looking Tikka sporting an Allterra stock.

Pictures would be great as well if anyone has a (Tikka T3x) stainless with an Allterra stock on it.

PNWGATOR

WKR
This is my wife’s stock in their Zombie finish. It’ll have a Tikka T3x factory contour chopped at 20” with a TBAC Ultra 7 on it when it’s out of purgatory 391DDA05-82F6-4A5A-9C09-C16AA516E625.jpeg

PNWGATOR

WKR
Yes, I think so. We haven’t put it in yet as it needs to be bedded. Held off on taking it to the smith as we’re waiting on a CB from Thunderbeast and wanted to get the barrel chop, brake installed and the bedding done all at once.

Alterra stock is first class in workmanship and design!

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
I had Allterra put my SS T3X 6.5 creed in the carbon hunter stock with Sahara camo. I’ll snap some pics tomorrow. They did a very nice job with the bedding. And Damon did a fantastic job communicating the status. High marks here!

BAKPAKR

WKR
I recently received a black Allterra for a Remington 700. I don’t think it looks bad with stainless steel. I am kind of thinking I should have gone with the Everglades though, especially if I decide to Cerakote my barreled action.

BEC8991B-DDF8-4C72-9A66-DF312CB2DDBE.jpeg

OP
H

homers

WKR
I agree plain black and the pic of the 700 looks great with stainless but I kind of want some color. All pics are welcomed.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I think plain black carbon fiber is tuxedo level classy.
Me with a tuxedo level classy rifle is a lot like a particle board carport, tacked onto the side of a 1978 manufactured mobile home, having a new Ford Raptor in it...

😀

I've been wanting one and my plan would be to get the same color as the Kimber Montana or Barrett FC. Kind of a grayish darkish green. It would go great with the stainless

sndmn11

WKR
Me with a tuxedo level classy rifle is a lot like a particle board carport, tacked onto the side of a 1978 manufactured mobile home, having a new Ford Raptor in it...

😀
You can photo shop out everything not the truck, or swirly stars the background. Carbon fiber like that stock is so uniform and prim/proper, with stainless the first thing that popped into my mind was a tuxedo with acrylic shined patent leather shoes.

wyosam

WKR
My Custom Tikka is going in black carbon (Mesa stock). I’m doing some ceracoat on the action and bolt- I think it is tungsten and gun metal or some other fairly muted color. Carbon 6 tube. Stock will be here tomorrow, action should be back in a week or two. Hoping for a Ship notice on the barrel soon. Would really like to get load development done this spring while the weather is similar to hunting season. Black carbon is classy as hell. I do have another stainless tikka that I can put in the stock tomorrow if you want a pic (hopefully, I think the barrel contour is close enough). I think they all look pretty good, I’m just not a big camo fan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
H

homers

WKR
Thinking of Everglade or Damastic Winter. Anybody have pics of either of those with a stainless barrel or thoughts?

OP
H

homers

WKR
Thanks to those who replied, I'd appreciate more suggestions.

OP
H

homers

WKR
Talked to Allterra today, and was told they charge $400 + shipping to bed the stock. I thought I read on here it was $100. Need a plan B, will start looking at Mesa, Manners and McMillans.

Suggestions welcomed!

Talked to Allterra today, and was told they charge $400 + shipping to bed the stock. I thought I read on here it was $100. Need a plan B, will start looking at Mesa, Manners and McMillans.

Suggestions welcomed!
Seems like they've slowly been going up, I could swear when I talked to them a month ago it was $300.

Antares

WKR

Suggestions welcomed!

I've got two Tikkas in McMillans that I'm really happy with. I don't think there's much point to bedding them. Neither of mine are bedded and they shoot awesome. Really snug fit and aluminum pillars.

Suggestions welcomed!

There has to be more to this. I have an Allterra stock on order for a Tikka that I am having them bed for me and the total cost with return shipping to me is $190. I ordered about a month ago. Certainly the total cost could vary based on where they are having to ship it but I cannot imagine they went up that much in 1 month.

OP
H

homers

WKR
There has to be more to this. I have an Allterra stock on order for a Tikka that I am having them bed for me and the total cost with return shipping to me is $190. I ordered about a month ago. Certainly the total cost could vary based on where they are having to ship it but I cannot imagine they went up that much in 1 month.
I thought I misheard him the first time and asked to confirm it and he said $400. I said I thought I read on some forums a few months back that it would be $100 ballpark. Better I found out now than after I ordered. I'll research other options this weekend.