Tikka t3x stock change

K-Hill

FNG
Does everyone shoot a new gun with factory stock or go straight to aftermarket ?
Not looking at spending over $300 for new stock if needed .
I know really limits choices .

Motown

WKR
I have 4 T3x’s currently and all are factory except one which is in a mcmillan. I honestly think I like the feel and fit more of the factory stocks than I do the mcmillan and may switch back eventually.

As far as accuracy is concerned I noticed no difference at all going from the factory stock to the mcmillan.

I changed out the stock right away on my T3 Superlite to a McMillan Hunters Edge. I do like the factory stock just fine but got a deal on the McMillan so went for it. If I had another Tikka I'd probably shoot it first as is and then decide - always like to bling up my rifles just a bit;)

mt100gr.

WKR
I have 4 tikkas also. One of them I bought already in an aftermarket carbon stock, all the others ride in factory stocks and shoot just as well. I'm sure I'd be happy with the 4th in factory stock, too. The only thing I will say is that I have added a stock pack or a cheek riser on all of the factory stocks. I'm always tempted by the aftermarket stocks but I haven't had a reason to take the plunge.

Rob5589

WKR
Mine are stock. Not overly thrilled with them. I shot McM, XLR, and B&C in the past. The factory grip is too angled and thin for my taste. Usable for sure but not ideal.

About the only thing in your budget is the B&C. The ones I had were pretty good and just needed some skim bedding to make them even better.

Both of my tikkas are in the factory stocks. I added a large grip cover to it and a forearm to make it feel a bit better in the hand. I would shoot it and see how you like it. It isn’t as bad as some say and it works.

BAKPAKR

WKR
Mine are stock. Not overly thrilled with them. I shot McM, XLR, and B&C in the past. The factory grip is too angled and thin for my taste. Usable for sure but not ideal.

About the only thing in your budget is the B&C. The ones I had were pretty good and just needed some skim bedding to make them even better.

I, too, replaced the factory grip with a vertical pistol grip. I like the vertical grip a lot and it is much beefier than the grip that came on the rifle. I also added a stock pack. Unfortunately, all of this adds weight.

A handful of Tikkas. The ones in factory stocks all have the fat vertical grip installed. I love them. Also have two in KRG Bravo chassis.... I think they’re great also, and they’re under $400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
A handful of Tikkas. The ones in factory stocks all have the fat vertical grip installed. I love them. Also have two in KRG Bravo chassis.... I think they’re great also, and they’re under $400

Fat vertical grip? Is that an add on?

Fat vertical grip? Is that an add on?

Yessir... on the T3X it just swaps out with the factory grip. They’re about $25 I think and give the rifle a great feel.

274ad3a51aa98ddd8cfe00d50576f74e.jpg

Does everyone shoot a new gun with factory stock or go straight to aftermarket ?
Not looking at spending over $300 for new stock if needed .
I know really limits choices .
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the factory Tikka stocks. Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling something. I shoot mine with a coat of textured paint, and call it a day. I've had quite a few folks at the range ask me what custom stock that was, and I told them just a factory Tikka with a $5 can of textured paint. They seem less impressed when I don't tell them I spent $400 on a stock though. LOL

Yep. The one I'm selling is a t3 lite. I popped it in a t3x stock and added the vertical grip. It is so much better.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

sdupontjr

WKR
yep factory here, free floated, speed bumps removed and painted. Trying to decide if pillars and bedding is needed.

16Bore

WKR
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the factory Tikka stocks. Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling something. I shoot mine with a coat of textured paint, and call it a day. I've had quite a few folks at the range ask me what custom stock that was, and I told them just a factory Tikka with a $5 can of textured paint. They seem less impressed when I don't tell them I spent $400 on a stock though. LOL

Takes about 1 beer and a rounded off soldering iron to finish.

1AE16BB8-10CC-4768-AED5-20010D7779B3.jpeg