Tikka T3x Superlite upgrades

huntsd

WKR
I have the same gun in right hand. Throw a break on it and your done. My gun really likes nolser accubond 180s. Will shoot about 3/4 moa. Probably better with a better shooter

CJ19

WKR
All of my Superlights have the following…

.McMillan Hunters Edge Stock
.High Desert Bottom Metal
.YoDave Trigger Spring
.Mountain Tactical Bottom Metal

Factory stainless fluted barrels shoot fantastic. Only reason to rebarrel would be to push heavier bullets due to a slower factory twist rate.

View attachment 349911
Jesus, those look sexy.

Antares

WKR
When I can barely feel my fingers, yes I don't shoot as well and a slightly heavier trigger helps

Yes agreed, but again, you’re saying that an aftermarket spring, adjusted as heavy as it will go, is still too light?

Yes agreed, but again, you’re saying that an aftermarket spring, adjusted as heavy as it will go, is still too light?

That I'm not sure. I can't remember what the max pull weight of the aftermarket spring was. I just know I had it at 1.5lb and threw the factory spring back in to make it 2.25 it so

schmalzy

WKR
All of my Superlights have the following…

.McMillan Hunters Edge Stock
.High Desert Bottom Metal
.YoDave Trigger Spring
.Mountain Tactical Bottom Metal

Factory stainless fluted barrels shoot fantastic. Only reason to rebarrel would be to push heavier bullets due to a slower factory twist rate.

View attachment 349911

What calibers? Impressive collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbro

FNG
I thought about putting a muzzle brake on my tikka 300wm to tame that recoil a little bit but it’s honestly not to bad in a hunting scenario when you’re just shooting once. Zeroing it is a chore tho that thing beats me up Lol

I did add a mountain tactical 20MOA pic rail, not even sure I needed it but it’s on there.

02bb839177265690b748b6c8364fd137.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
W

willtim

WKR
I have ordered a Leupold VX3 3.5-10 40mm and Talley one piece aluminum rings. I can't wait to get her broken in and start load development. I'm thinking 180 grain Accubond as a good all around bullet.