Tikka T3x Superlite

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
So I have finally decided on my new rifle which will be a Tikka. Ammo availability still sucks and perusing ammo seek it seems 6.5CM and .308 Win are really the only thing available without breaking the bank. This will be primarily used for deer any recommendations on which cartridge to choose and any cheap upgrades to perform initially?

Go with the 6.5 CM. Beats the venerable 308 from a ballistics perspective. It also has a regular twist rate while the 308 has a “slow” twist rate. But if the additional 0.044” in diameter (as well as a bit more energy) matters to you, get the 308.

Some folks tear apart their Tikkas right off the bat and reassemble them. Others upgrade an assortment of things right off the bat. Some do both before ever seeing how their rifle shoots.

Shoot it first before messing with it. Mine have not required any adjustments or upgrades other than getting hand-loads. All have shot amazingly well straight from the factory.

You haven’t asked but the Razor LHT and Zeiss V4 scopes are a great pairing as is the VX5HD.

Dalen88

Lil-Rokslider
i have had a tikka t3 7rm for 5 years thats been drug all around the mountains beating the crap out of it, topped with a vx-5 and just got a break put on it and a i installed a better recoil pad, shoots great, sometimes i think about putting a stock on it then i cringe about thinking about beating up some of those fancy stocks they way i treat mine.

OP
S

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
Go with the 6.5 CM. Beats the venerable 308 from a ballistics perspective. It also has a regular twist rate while the 308 has a “slow” twist rate. But if the additional 0.044” in diameter (as well as a bit more energy) matters to you, get the 308.

Some folks tear apart their Tikkas right off the bat and reassemble them. Others upgrade an assortment of things right off the bat. Some do both before ever seeing how their rifle shoots.

Shoot it first before messing with it. Mine have not required any adjustments or upgrades other than getting hand-loads. All have shot amazingly well straight from the factory.

You haven’t asked but the Razor LHT and Zeiss V4 scopes are a great pairing as is the VX5HD.
About the only thing I see myself doing would be putting a limbsaver airtech pad on it and painting it. Those are damn nice scopes but a little out of my wheel house price wise. Any suggestions for a more cost efficient but good quality?

Dalen88

Lil-Rokslider
About the only thing I see myself doing would be putting a limbsaver airtech pad on it and painting it. Those are damn nice scopes but a little out of my wheel house price wise. Any suggestions for a more cost efficient but good quality?
honestly i ran a 200 dollar nikon pro staff untill last year, never went off zero and went all around b.c with me moose hunting, goat hunting and sheep hunting, just upgraded because i wanted to start shooting further

M
Maven rs2. You could likely get a used one for 450

I'd go 308 because I have an aversion to popular things. Then I'd get it reamed to 30-284.

peaceman

Lil-Rokslider
If you are not set against a regular Tikka lite vs the fluted barrel of the superlight, I have a Tikka hunter 6.5 CM with a gorgeous figured wood stock, stainless barrel. Hasn't been fired and just sitting in my safe that i would sell.

Get it chambered in the cartridge you want. If you keep your eye out, ammo pops up at reasonable prices. Just have to be patient

If you are not set against a regular Tikka lite vs the fluted barrel of the superlight, I have a Tikka hunter 6.5 CM with a gorgeous figured wood stock, stainless barrel. Hasn't been fired and just sitting in my safe that i would sell.

How about a picture? Inlove seeing tikkas that got blessed with good wood