Tikka Trigger Working Loose

Gorp2007

WKR
Took my Tikka apart a few months ago to send to the smith to get the barrel threaded and since it came back I've gotten some range time but I've really increased my dry fire practice because I can do that in my living room when the kids go to bed. After my first range trip I noticed that my trigger was loose, to the point where i can wiggle the entire assembly with the bolt removed. I took it apart and the machine screw that attaches the trigger assembly to the action was definitely loose, so I tightened it back up with the 5mm Allen wrench and move on. Then last night, again after some dry fire practice, I noticed the same thing. Took it apart this morning and again the whole assembly is loose. Do I just need to tighten the machine screw to proper German torque specs or should I put a dab of blue Loctite on there? Is there something else that I'm missing that I may have reassembled incorrectly? I've looked at a bunch of trigger assembly and trigger spring replacement manuals and I don't see any steps or pieces that I'm missing.

Any help is appreciated!

bsnedeker

WKR
Just torque it down properly. You can go way over the recommended torque on the action screws. I do mine to 30 inch pounds.

Lawnboi

WKR
Get it nice and tight. My guess is the smith dropped the ball and didn’t torque it. I have been giving mine way more than 30in lbs.

This is something I always check after receiving a rifle if I know it’s been broken down. Putting a couple witness marks on the screw/trigger housing will also allow you to see if it is loosening without having to take a wrench to it each time.

OP
G

Gorp2007

WKR
My guess is the smith dropped the ball and didn’t torque it. I have been giving mine way more than 30in lbs.
In this case I'm the one who took the trigger off and re-attached, so user error is at the top of my list of possible root causes. Thanks!

Greg1953

FNG
In this case I'm the one who took the trigger off and re-attached, so user error is at the top of my list of possible root causes. Thanks!
55 to 65 in/lbs is the recommended torque for some of the aftermarket triggers.
Tikka cod locks em from the factory and I would say it's closer to 75 or 80 in/lbs