Tikka Veil .30-'06 barrel length of 20"??

Unckebob

WKR
Has anyone taken the 20” 30-06 veil to the range yet? Thoughts? Looking to replace my Bergara ridge 308 Win. which is at 10lbs fully loaded with a suppressor, ammo, sling etc… woof.

I am debating this 20” Veil and the Cabelas exclusive Xbolt with 22” barrel. Both have 5/8-24 threads.

I don’t know about the differences in rifles, but I wish my 22” 6.5 CM was “20.” When I put my cab on, it feels like it is way out there.

$100 say there is no bad decision b/w the rifles themselves.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Has anyone taken the 20” 30-06 veil to the range yet? Thoughts? Looking to replace my Bergara ridge 308 Win. which is at 10lbs fully loaded with a suppressor, ammo, sling etc… woof.

I am debating this 20” Veil and the Cabelas exclusive Xbolt with 22” barrel. Both have 5/8-24 threads.
I’ve had my 18” tikka 30-06 to the range several times. It’s great.

OP
sbaker0029

I feel your pain with the heavy bergara. I've got a timber that sits in the safe because I don't want to even carry it for the one mile round trip walk to the deerstand hahaha
If you go the xbolt route save some money and find a better deal on a regular hells canyon speed. Looks like the only thing that makes it Cabela's exclusive is the hawg muzzle break. It's going to be threaded in the regular speed anyway. Personally I don't care much for muzzle breaks.

I own both tikka's and xbolt's, can't go wrong with either.

Odark30

FNG
I’ve had my 18” tikka 30-06 to the range several times. It’s great.
Please expound. What did you like about it? Have you chronoed any loads through it? What type of hunting/shooting do you plan to use it for? Do you wish the barrel was any longer or shorter, or is it about right?

I was thinking about going with the Tikka Veil 30-06, but then I recently got a great deal on a Tikka T3 Lite SS. My intent is to have it cut back to 18" or 20", add a TBAC 7, and use it for a mountain elk rifle.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Please expound. What did you like about it? Have you chronoed any loads through it? What type of hunting/shooting do you plan to use it for? Do you wish the barrel was any longer or shorter, or is it about right?

I was thinking about going with the Tikka Veil 30-06, but then I recently got a great deal on a Tikka T3 Lite SS. My intent is to have it cut back to 18" or 20", add a TBAC 7, and use it for a mountain elk rifle.
I like everything about it, it lets me use my silencer without having an excessively long rifle to deal with, I’m getting well over 2700fps with all of my hand loads and the reduced muzzle blast with the silencer on is great. I plan to hunt a lot of different stuff with it this next season if things work out.

OP
sbaker0029
@thinhorn_AK are you still using the nightforce shv 3-10?
I've been looking at it pretty closely for my next possible scope. Looks like a great scope and from what I've read seems pretty solid all around.
Thanks

OP
sbaker0029
Yes I am, mine is an older model with adjustable parallax.
I've been trying to find one with the adjustable parallax. I don't think I have a need for the illumination on the new ones but will probably settle for it.
From your experiences does it live up to the testing and whatnot?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I've been trying to find one with the adjustable parallax. I don't think I have a need for the illumination on the new ones but will probably settle for it.
From your experiences does it live up to the testing and whatnot?
I guess, I don’t dial it or anything. Just a bomb proof set and forget scope. I’ve had a few of them, with i still had them. I kept looking for better things but ended up realizing that for what I do, they are more or less perfect.