Tikka vs Sako vs Sauer----Build quality

k80Titus

FNG
How would you rate t3x vs a Sauer 100 vs a Sako s20? Fit, finish, value etc
Sauers have 3 lugs, supported by Blaser. Tikka 2 lug popped in a bravo, Sako 3 lug. Ready to go.

Are lugs really an issue. Fierc and seekins are Sako clones?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
How would you rate t3x vs a Sauer 100 vs a Sako s20? Fit, finish, value etc
Sauers have 3 lugs, supported by Blaser. Tikka 2 lug popped in a bravo, Sako 3 lug. Ready to go.

Are lugs really an issue. Fierc and seekins are Sako clones?

Function wise they’re about equal across the board. In factory form the S20 has a chassis and is much heavier of course. The Sauer stock quality is about the same as the T3x, but is better designed in most ways. Once you put a T3 in a Bravo, it and the S20 are virtually the same, being that the S20 is really just a true long action T3 with a couple of changes, or- the T3 is really just a TRG sporterized. However you want to look at it. From the users perspective, lug count do isn’t mean anything.

Firece is a Sako clone, Seekins are not.

bttf

FNG
Lugs really does not matter. Tikka gets a 70 degrees throw already. A lot of bench rest rifles have only two lugs. The aftermarket parts are more important to me. Tikka just has way more of those than the other two options.

EMAZ

Lil-Rokslider
Mauser M18 is also very similar to the Sauer 100...I think they are a good feel if looking for something less expensive than a tikka in terms of current street price. I set up a Mauser M18 in 6.5 PRC for my nephew, very nice setup. That said, I bought my 11year old son a tikka t3x compact in 7mm-08 (for the LOP) that to me is a little higher quality in finish. The Sako will be the nicest rifle of those mentioned, but it has the price tag to go with it. I’m sure in terms of accuracy, all will be pretty similar

Stalker69

WKR
I have been looking at these rifles in 6.5 prc my self. It seems as though the Sako s20 has numerous videos of not so good groups, one as like 4” another 8”. So I kinda took that off my list, what kind of groups are the Sauer 100 getting ? I know the tikka shoot great, but they don’t have the tikka lite classic with blued barrel and action, and std black stock. So looking for an alternative.

I think if your looking to upgrade a Sako, for the money just go with a custom R700 action or spice up a Tikka.