Tikka Weight discrepancy - T3X Lite (stainless) vs T3X Superlite - 7RM

RSC12

FNG
Hey guys,

Just looking for some clarification. I'm looking into purchasing a new Tikka 7RM in either Lite (stainless) or Superlite but the Tikka website and Cabelas sites have varying weight differences. The Tikka site shows BOTH rifles weigh 6.5lbs while the Cabelas.ca site shows the lite weighing 6.3lbs and the Superlite weighing 6.5lbs.

I'm just confused as I would expect the superlite to weigh less than the lite but this doesn't seem to be the case according to the sites. Also both rifles show they are Stainless Steel which is important.

Can someone point me in the right direction as I'm not really sure what the benefits are in the price difference between the two.

Also I was considering the polyfade edition which is 7lbs and it already has a muzzle break, forearm and oversized bolt handle. But honestly I'm not a real fan of the colour options and I think I could probably add the accessories for close to the same price anyways ($600 more). I am hoping to keep this rifle on the lighter side so weight is a consideration if its actually worth it.

Anyway all opinions are appreciated.

Thanks,
RSC

Last edited:

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
The weights are incorrect. The Lite will be right at 6lbs, the SL about 2 ounces less.