Tikka wide forend grip - worth it?

RSC12

FNG
Just curious on ppls opinions on tikkas add-on wide forend grip. I just recently purchased a Tikka t3x polyfade and it came with the grip. I'm going back and forth trying to decide if it's worth the tiny bit of extra weight or if it will just be a place for dirt and grit to build up in.Screenshot_20210702-130114_Collage Maker.jpgAlso I'll be purchasing the more vertical rear grip ASAP.

Last edited:

Gila

WKR
I have one on my new Tikka build and I like the way it feels. You can actually hold on to the rifle. It seems more stable with the bi-pod. I have yet to shoot or hunt with it. It is very light. I don’t know why there is a hole in the front of it. I cover the rifle before strapping it to the pack anyway.

I tried it, didn’t like it. It’s all personal preference. There was no other reason besides when I grab something that doesn’t feel the way it should, I let go.

I like mine. My first tikka was a tactical with a wide forearm so it feels familiar to me To have a wider grip. I would say it is preference and frankly doesn’t add any performance. FWIW I also like the more vertical rear grip.

I would wait until you get your scope mounted and then decide. The wide grip can help offset your rifle wanting to roll to either side if not perfectly flat when shooting off of a bag with a heavier scope. It also adds about 1/2 pound to your rifle so has the added benefit of further recoil reduction.

OP
R

RSC12

FNG
I would wait until you get your scope mounted and then decide. The wide grip can help offset your rifle wanting to roll to either side if not perfectly flat when shooting off of a bag with a heavier scope. It also adds about 1/2 pound to your rifle so has the added benefit of further recoil reduction.
Ya I definitely cant make any kind of decisions until I get my scope mounted and actually try it. Just figured I'd pick everyone's brains to see if there were any reason for or against that I haven't thought about. You definitely make some good point tho so thank you.

Tx270WT

FNG
I just shot my dad’s tikka today for the first time with the wide grip and other than is not fitting supper great on my range bags it seemed fine. I think in a non-bench top situation it would be nice to help prevent canting while shooting.

Yes they are excellent, especially if you hunt from box blinds and use the window frame as the front rest. The beaver tail fore end is a level surface vs the more rounded stock fore end.