Tikka wood stock - why not?

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I'm old school. Something about blued steel and wood stocks just looks right. Although I did order a synthetic stock rifle because I don't care if it gets scratched up.

Ondavirg

Lil-Rokslider
I love my stainless and wood tikka, but it needs some work. First time out shooting, I had to cut it short due to rain. When I was wiping it down later I noticed water stains on the wood. It appears it is not sealed from the factory. Very disappointing. I put several coats of bri-wax on it to solve the problem. Also made it look a lot better. Not sure why they don’t seal them, but I guess I shouldn’t expect Sako quality for tikka prices.

I picked up a wood stock for my daughter to use on T3s. The idea was to cut it down to for her, then when she got older, we would put a full size factory composite stock on it.

First I used the wood stock on a T3 with a lilja barrelled 6mm Rem, then I moved her up to a 20" .308 that had a brake on it.

198 yards, 6mm Rem 85 grain Sierra HPGK:

V0JwJKa.jpg

375 yards, .308 155 Scenar :

1P5OBSr.jpg

Another elk with the wood stocked 20" .308:

oU5Ho4h.jpg

The POA/POI never changed through snow storms and seasons.

Now she is about a foot taller and the .308 has been swapped into its factory stock, and the wood stock is set aside for her younger sister to start using soon.

pHkhMAG.jpg