Tikka XLR mags

couldn’t ignore the Black Friday chassis sale and ended up with a Element 3.0 coming this winter. Looking at mag options and was wondering what the lightest mag is that will work with the Tikka is? Gonna buy some of the accurate mags, but was hoping there was a polymer mag option that would work without running the mag through a planer.

khuber84

WKR
Long or short action? The only mag to my knowledge that works with the long action Tikka element 3.0(I have one) is the mdt 3.54" 5 round. As for short action......there are billet and metal 3 round mags. There's also a ruger 3 round polymer magazine that fits but needs ground down(sounds like you know of that one) nobody seems to cater to the 3 round hunting magazine guys.

OP
Shootinsurveyor
Cool, thanks. I picked up a polymer and a metal MDT mag so we will see how they work. If I have to grind I will, but at this point in my life I just want stuff to work.

khuber84

WKR
Cool, thanks. I picked up a polymer and a metal MDT mag so we will see how they work. If I have to grind I will, but at this point in my life I just want stuff to work.
I'm right there with you. There no reason nobody has put together a solid 3 rounds aics 308 mag for hunters yet.

Eric_F

FNG
I'd think the poly/metal mags should work fine without grinding, it was my underanding that the thicker polymer feed lips were the problem. I've got some of the metal MDT BR mags that feed well in my Tikka. I'll be interested to hear how they work though.

As far as weight, the 5 rd Accurate Mags are supposed to be 5 oz and the poly/metal 10 rds are listed at 5.5 oz.

z987k

WKR
I'd think the poly/metal mags should work fine without grinding, it was my underanding that the thicker polymer feed lips were the problem. I've got some of the metal MDT BR mags that feed well in my Tikka. I'll be interested to hear how they work though.

As far as weight, the 5 rd Accurate Mags are supposed to be 5 oz and the poly/metal 10 rds are listed at 5.5 oz.
Do the Accurate Mags work in a Tikka chassis?

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Do the Accurate Mags work in a Tikka chassis?
You just have to make sure you stay away from the polymer magazines since they have thicker feed lips. Tikkas have a skinny mag well so the thicker feed lips will not allow the magazine to get into proper alignment with the action!

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrAP