Tikka

Trr15

WKR
Congrats, man. Great rifle. I've had the same one (T3, not T3X) for 5 or 6 years. They're great shooters and you can have some fun upgrading components. Lots of aftermarket stuff out there for them.

OP
Allen-samsal19
I’m upgrading to this from a savage 111 in 300wm. That thing was a bear to shoot I’m hoping this will still have the power but not be so brutal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badass rifle for sure. Slap a limbsaver on and start stackin meat dude!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
As he said ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Limbsaver pad Straight across screw on, no grinding needed (even with the T3X "improved" factory pad, just DO it)

OP
Allen-samsal19
I will get it ordered! Limbsaver made a huge difference on my marlin 45/70

Rob5589

WKR
Nice. I just took my T3 out today, also 7RM. Tossed together a load last night from the Barnes website, R22, 140 TTSX, CCI 250. New scope, gun never fired by me, was doing .7 for 5 @ 100. There's a lot to love about these Tikkas.

Mulyhuntr

WKR
A 6lb gun in 7 rem mag will still be brutal. Limbsaver it for sure. Have one in 6.5 creed and it’s definitely not as enjoyable to shoot as my braked Sako in 7 rem mag.

I’m upgrading to this from a savage 111 in 300wm. That thing was a bear to shoot I’m hoping this will still have the power but not be so brutal

OP
Allen-samsal19
I have a vortex 6-24 viper hst sfp but I might try and drop down to a 4-16 to save on some weight

OP
Allen-samsal19
A 6lb gun in 7 rem mag will still be brutal. Limbsaver it for sure. Have one in 6.5 creed and it’s definitely not as enjoyable to shoot as my braked Sako in 7 rem mag.

Yah I was wondering what the comparison will be, could always get it threaded and throw a brake on, we will see

kad11

WKR
Definitely Limbsaver!

I shoot the T3x lite in 300 WM w/ factory 190 gr LRX. Rifle weighs 8.5 lbs with SWFA 6x, Sportsmatch rings, and 6-9" bipod and the recoil is definitely there, but is very tolerable.

I've shot a box of ammo in one sitting several times and haven't felt a flinch coming on at all, and I've struggled with flinching in the past...

OP
Allen-samsal19
Definitely Limbsaver!

I shoot the T3x lite in 300 WM w/ factory 190 gr LRX. Rifle weighs 8.5 lbs with SWFA 6x, Sportsmatch rings, and 6-9" bipod and the recoil is definitely there, but is very tolerable.

I've shot a box of ammo in one sitting several times and haven't felt a flinch coming on at all, and I've struggled with flinching in the past...

That was my issue with the 300wm. I had 2 bolt guns that and a 6.5cm with a brake and everytime I shot that magnum was flinched they say shoot what you’re most comfortable with and that 300 just wasn’t it lol I’ve heard nothing but good things about tikka so I’m excited to start hitting paper to get ready for next season!

I put a brake on my Tikka 300WM before i ever shot it. Can shoot my hunting loads with one hand. I load on the heavy side with magnums and shes a pussycat with my pet loads. Cant understand all the fuss against brakes (except maybe if you hunt guided all the time and the guides object). Never too bad for the shooter, worse for spectators if they forget to cover their ears.
Ymmv

WKR
I rang my bell pretty good with a braked rifle. As my kids got older, I got rid of all of the braked guns I had in case one of my kids was hunting with me or perhaps shooting one. Don't miss them but obviously others love them. We just kill stuff with little guns now and shoot a few suppressed.

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
I have a superlite 7 mag & have never thought the recoil to be all that bad. It does have quite a bit of muzzle jump so you won’t be spotting shots but felt recoil is not an issue imo. Mine now sits in a Mesa/AG stock & is even more comfortable to shoot than the factory stock with limbsaver on it.

these are not "brutal" by any stretch, they get your attention without a Limbsaver but once that is installed they are a VERY tolerable rifle to shoot (and I HATE recoil)