Tikkas are boring.

Trees91

WKR
D41D5FFA-6552-4F86-A880-0E00541A94D7.jpeg
6cm proof barrel. Boring Tikka sporting a chit Swfa, mule deer(24hourcf) style windage turret and machined elevation knob by Shaen rifles.

Trees91

WKR
I like it, it’s a shooter and it’s only had 40 rounds down the barrel so far. Install was easy and head spaced just how it should. I’d really like to do a 300wsm on a tikka too.

Sled

WKR
Nothing gives this Hunter confidence like a consistent rifle. Tikkas are boring.

if you want to make it more interesting like some of the other guns out there...try loading you own ammo. just make the charge and seating depth random. have a top limit for safety but that should make it as interesting as you desire. or you could just buy a kimber and spend a few months with several hundred rounds making it shoot like a tikka out of the box.

Yeah...that isn't nearly enough shooting to get a good idea. I had a buddy recently tell me my pet rifle isn't as good as I think it is. I mean, I've practically got to ratchet strap the lid closed on my 30CF chest freezer for all the dead animals stuffed inside it...but that rifle must actually suck.
Sounds like it’s time for new freezers and a new friend

khuber84

WKR
View attachment 187224
Typical boring tikka, 6.5 creed, $460 brand new. Very first sight in group. That’s 7 shots in the pic. The two furthest from the dot were sight corrections. 147eldm, lapua srp, rl-26.
Curious what you're getting for velocity with the RL26 and 147? Cartridge overall length? Tikkas 6.5cm chambers are even longer than saami from what I've observed loading a few friends rifles.

Curious what you're getting for velocity with the RL26 and 147? Cartridge overall length? Tikkas 6.5cm chambers are even longer than saami from what I've observed loading a few friends rifles.

that was my starting load which was 42grains 2550fps. worked up to 46 grains for 2690ish. never hit max pressure so im going to try a few more up til i get an ejector mark. i see other guys make it up to 48grains and get close to 3000fps but not in a tikka. curious to see what i top out at. my coal was 2.850 but im gonna go longer next time so im not crushing powder as much.

zorkieo

FNG
Forums are full of gear guys who spend more time agonizing over gear then using it and refining their skills. 99.9% of hunters can’t outshoot a tikka and would kill just as well with one as their 4k$ custom gun

Dobermann

WKR
Definitely boring.

Just got a new one. On request of the gun shop, gave it to a more experienced shooter at my club to shoot the first groups before sending away for threading.

He shot one round which established we weren't on paper. He roughly boresighted (by eye, not using a laser), and then shot the next six shots into the the group below.

Here's the thing - I'd given him two different kinds of ammo, and asked him to shoot two different groups (with the idea that we could see if either gave different results / for initial load testing).

He misunderstood, and shot both the two three-shot groups with the different ammo into the same point of aim ... yet still one ragged hole. Admittedly, this was still at just 50 m for the sake of seeing a basic group, but still ...

Yep, boring. (Except now I have to work to replicate it! :))

(And in case anyone asks - loads were Hornady Black, 223 REM, 75 gr BTHP, and Fiocchi 223MKD, 77 gr Sierra Matchking HPBT.)

Tikka-223-group-by-AS-12.gif

Last edited:
Tikka owners on precision and hunting forums are the same as 10mm guys on handgun forums. Make one comment and both of them flood you with how superior they are.
Tikkas are pretty awesome though.