Timberline

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
DSC00626.jpg

DSC00619.jpg

cmeier117

WKR
Is the XTL lid the same for the Tactical and Hunting packs? Or is one made out of 1000D and the other is 500D

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The sleeve will work, but the gun bearer or Grab It works best.

Ask Luke about the Gun Bearer, he's got way more use with a rifle than I do.

was wondering what the difference is in the lid options. I've gone through the photos their website and I just cant figure it out. Seems like the longhunter and xtl are the same lid just with pockets? Seems steep for and extra 100$ if thats the difference

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The difference is in the labor of sewing the lid, not the material, so that's where the price increase is going.

Gman

WKR
Where the gun bearer really shines is quick access to your rifle. If you're rolling Sherpa style or don't plan on using your rifle I've used the grab it and it's great. But if you're scrambling and hunting you'll want te gun bearer.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Those are hip belt pockets.

That photo has

T2
XTL Lid

2 medium hip belt pockets on pack

2 small hip belt pocket on the actual belt

Grab It

2 lashing straps

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
les, i see your from central wi, Im from the stevens point area, if your interesed in giving a t1 a test drive shoot me a pm. I just got mine a few weeks ago, Its quite the pack!

Thanks Lawnboi! I am just north of Eau Claire. Chippewa Falls. My T1 is scheduled for March 13, and my T3 April 9th....can't wait!

cmeier117

WKR
Pack came last night at 9:00. All I can say is wow... I have to work tonight so I will try and get some miles on it tonight and get some pics posted. Materials and fit are awesome. This pack weighs nothing too! I am most impressed with the hip belt/Lumbar pad and suspension. Nothing on this pack is an after thought. Everything works together and the accessories just feel like they are sewn on to the pack when attached.

Last edited: