Timberline

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Who's wearing them? Which one? What kind of hunts?

I have the T1 coming my way in two weeks. Ordering up the T3 this week!

littlebuf

Banned
ordering mine around the first week of march.T1 and i cant wait.its going to go on all my hunts

cmeier117

WKR
T2 coming this week. Using it for everything Elk, deer and scouting.
XTL
2 small hip belts
4 UL pull outs
Grabit
lash straps
backpouch
2 Chamber pouches

Last edited:

JPD350

WKR
I have a ship date of 3/7 and can't wait, Christmas in March!!
T-2
XLT top
Med and small belt pouches
Grab-It
Multicam

Elk and Deer mainly but plan on using it for most of my hunts in NM, I am also planing some Colorado ventures

Last edited:

flytrait

Lil-Rokslider
With the help from Aron, I'm going with the T2 hunting everything and everywhere.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Used a T1 on one mountain goat hunt and two deer hunts last year. Helped haul out 6 deer and a Kodiak Brown Bear in it......wish I could justify getting a T3, but it just ain't in the cards errr I mean bank account budget for that ......yet :)

Campo

FNG
I'm glad I found this thread...

I am looking at either the T2 or T3...having a hard time deciding which at this point. I hear from a lot of people that the T2 compresses down for shorter day and overnight hunts. Can anyone who has used the pack verify it's ability to compress when not fully filled?

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes the T-1 will compress down for day hunts, so the T-2 will be fine.

BigWave

Lil-Rokslider
My T3 just showed up last week. Awesome pack and will take care of a lot of my need as is. I'll add a few goodies (Grab It, Pod) to take me out a few more days.

merch

FNG
After having this same conversation with Aron I went with the T2. Being on the short side figured it was better to go wider than taller when extra capacity is required. T2 with a couple long pockets, XTL lid and some pouches kicks the cubic inches up quickly. Strip off what is not needed at your camp site, compress pack down and go. With a grab-it and lashing alot of gear can be securely attached to the pack (tents/ pads etc.).

I got that T1 about a month ago and love it so far. But who wouldn't coming from a Dwight Schuh Fieldline pack. Ouch! My back still hurts! Anyways, I stand about 5'7" 165 lb. Think I'll have any trouble with the T1 vs T2? I have the standard lid, but would've liked the XLT. It was a gift so I'm not going to complain too much.

I will use this pack on every hunt where backpacking is required. Cascade Deer and Elk. Bob Marshall Deer and Elk. Hopefully Cascade Goat or Sheep if I'm real lucky. Maybe one day.... Dream on.

cmeier117

WKR
If I were to expand the CU inches of my T2, while using all available pockets, what would you experienced Kifaru users suggest for doing so? Pod on bottom with sleeping sytem in it? Pod on top (although if I were to do this I should have gotten the T1). Back pouch (I have one coming). I really like the idea of carrying a sleeping bag, pad and maybe some clothes in a pod on the bottom of bag. It seems like an extra 5 lbs down there wouldn't throw your balance off too much. What do you guys think? Did I make the correct choice with back pouch?