Time for a member re-introduction! Where are you from+a fun fact about yourself.

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
I'm originally from Pueblo as well.
Fun fact: Shut it down now........Pueblo wins.:D

you forgot your ‘fun fact’. come on, I know you are quite outspoken on here, I know you can come up with something;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Drenalin

WKR
Johnson City, TN

Fun fact: I have a scar on my left eyeball that I see as three black dots, which is extremely distracting when I'm hunting because it always seems like something is moving off to that side of me. I got that scar by teasing my deaf sister (for being deaf) as a kid - she hurled a magazine at me like some kind of ninja and sliced it for me. 30 years later, every time I see those dots I'm reminded not to act like a tool.

Grew up in North Dakota. Moved to Palmer, Alaska 7 years ago to escape the cold.

Fun Fact: I worked in our family butcher shop every day before leaving home at 19. My blood runs dark red every time I see a moose/elk quarter in a game bag with the hoof still attached!

Born in TX but not really from there... Army brat. Like Johnny Cash I been everywhere man. I’m from America. Lived around Reno for last 35 years, So I guess home means Nevada.

Oddly enough... I graduated from Pueblo County High, Class of ‘76 ... another 1/2 a point for Pueblo?

Two fun facts...
1) when I was 14 I swam all the way from Asia to Europe. About .6 of a mile across the Bosporus Strait.
2) I make acoustic guitars from scratch and I’m currently building #53.

Lenexa, KS don’t figure there will be too many others

Fun fact: my Dad’s great uncle had a Savage Model 99 in 270 Savage, also known as 270 Titus. I believe the smith was Bliss Titus from Heber City UT. I would really like to shoot an animal with this rifle someday.

ODB

WKR
ODB
Somewhere near Boise
Fun(?) Fact: I have an irrational interest in post-explorer era safari in east Africa and am a small-time collector of ephemera from the era. Also, I have ‘studied’ Robert Ruark for over two decades, have spent literal weeks reading his personal papers, and through him became friends with his professional hunter, Harry Selby until his death a few years ago.

Last edited: