Time for a member re-introduction! Where are you from+a fun fact about yourself.

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
That's totally normal.........I've been close to driving my truck off a cliff just to make the noise stop. Took me months of frustration to find it, turned out it was the little light frame above the dash on the overhead. It sounded like it was coming from the dash all that time. Well, that light bracket didn't survive when I finally found it. It's been noise free now for almost 30 years since then. I don't tolerate squeaks or rattles......or fluid leaks.

ugh! I hate rattles too. I have really good hearing and ryan doesn’t. we have so many, ‘do you hear that?...hear what? I don’t hear anything’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Born and raised in Eastern Massachusetts. Summers on the coast of Maine.

Grew up in a House built in the late 1600's in a town called Marshfield (Very close to where the Mayflower landed in 1620). We lived directly on a river with a history of shipbuilding, including I think the first or one of the first vessels to round cape horn in the 1800's.

e35d23323b40c61969cdb5933d0dc22e.jpg

The christmas carols "Jingle Bells" and "Over the River and Through The Wood" are both written about the current town I live in - Medford, MA.

And, I laugh every time someone from Wisconsin or Michigan refers to themself as an "Easterner" :D

that is so cool! thanks for posting that pic!!

Opah

WKR
From Socal, born in Long Beach Ca. and the inland empire is as far as I got 62 miles, one mile per year of age.

Fun fact: joined the Mile high club twice on dry land.

bigmoose

WKR
From Truckee Ca. Retired to Yerington Nv. Now I don't have to shovel as much snow.

Fun fact: I was a hill grooming foreman on Donner Summit for several years.

Opah

WKR
"So you're saying you've been to Denver... ;-)"
Nope Gold mountain, Ca. on a clear day you can see Catalina Island from the top.
Has a GEO marker with sealed can note books going back years of weather an people
that may the Hike or had a rig that could make it up, 8060 feet high

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Grew up in TX, now reside in Racine, WI.

FF: Was a scholarship athlete at a D1 school. Just typically leave the bit about it being as a cheerleader out of the conversation, haha. Went to extremes to pay the bills...

#goteamgo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no shame in that! that is a brutal sport!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
FF: Was a scholarship athlete at a D1 school. Just typically leave the bit about it being as a cheerleader out of the conversation, haha.
It's OK, we have a lot of women on this forum. ;)

My niece got a full ride scholarship to KSU for equestrian. Had no idea that even existed in college, let alone with a scholarship.

Truaxdw

Lil-Rokslider
Living in northern Virgina after the marines

fun fact; I was bit by a fox while trapping, my wife was convinced I was going to get rabies. I told her to watch out for full moons if I turned into a werefox, I can’t be held responsible for what I do to her

peterk123

WKR
From massachusetts. Bought two townhouses in Livingston Montana. One daughter living there now. Other daughter and husband will be there by July. My wife and i will be there by September. Plan not to work. I'm 54.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Chandler, AZ

Fun fact: survived a house fire that started in crawl space under my bedroom. Heat melted a small hole in a water pipe that burst at the perfect angle to spray along the joists to put the fire out. Filled the house with a ton of smoke through the vents. Mom woke us up or we all would have died from smoke inhalation.

robtattoo

WKR
Living in northern Virgina after the marines

fun fact; I was bit by a fox while trapping, my wife was convinced I was going to get rabies. I told her to watch out for full moons if I turned into a werefox, I can’t be held responsible for what I do to her

I once had a Grey Fox take a shit right next to me. I was sitting in a ghillie suit, turkey hunting.
Prettiest animal I've ever seen in my life. I couldn't bring myself to kill one since I had one so close.