Time for a member re-introduction! Where are you from+a fun fact about yourself.

The_Yetti

Lil-Rokslider
Born and raised in Fortuna, CA, but have called Colorado home for longer.

Fun fact: I went from "never joining the military" to "only doing 4 years" to retiring 4 years ago after 20 years and 4 combat deployments in the Army.

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Born and raised in Fortuna, CA, but have called Colorado home for longer.

Fun fact: I went from "never joining the military" to "only doing 4 years" to retiring 4 years ago after 20 years and 4 combat deployments in the Army.

Thank you for your service!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wingmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Raised in Phoenix AZ, now living in California but looking to move out

Fun fact: I use a flip phone, which is interesting since I'm graduating with M.S. in Computer Science this year and am looking to make apps

TheGDog

WKR

Fun fact: I use a flip phone, which is interesting since I'm graduating with M.S. in Computer Science this year and am looking to make apps
Well... if ya work it right, you can make a pretty handsome living with that. [And some of us did it even without going to college and racking up all that debt! Imagine that? ;) ]

Shraggs

WKR
A little late for a gift, but from Zeeland mi. lived all over us but missed the Great Lakes and returned.

type 1 diabetic adult onset and extremely severe sleep apnea. I say this because indirectly these are in part why I got into backcountry mountain hunting. For nearly 20 years I was in sales for diabetes stuff... while talking with a few of my doctor customers one said diabetics are destined for early death cause they’re lazy, that’s why they are diabetic and know way can they lead a normal active life. In response to attributes of treatment I was discussing. Personally that’s not me, always been active but it became a mission to be able to thrive at high elevation while hunting for a week with two conditions that create real risk. He will never know this story, but like many they marvel at my adventures, stories and perseverance to train all year.

EastMT

WKR
Born in NW Mo, grew up in Montana. Spent the last 8 years in AK. Now in TX for a bit and looking for the fastest highway out of here

Fun fact: I spent 5 years building ice roads in AK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FatCampzWife

Lil-Rokslider
Hometown: Holstein, Iowa (currently live in SoDak)

Fun Fact: I've been paid to walk beans, milk cows, break horses, rewire generators, create transgenic plants, extract & sequence DNA, edit science textbooks, & run cameras in a Public Broadcasting studio...but I prefer paying to hunt cantelopes & mule deer 😁

(I may have already replied to this post, but I'm in quarantine AGAIN, & slightly bored...)

drrose74

FNG
From Rogersville Alabama. Roll tide!!!
Interesting fact, I write and eat left handed but I am right eye dominant so I shoot a rifle and bow right handed, and can write or shoot a rifle either way!! Just all goofed up i guess!!!! Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

07yzryder

Lil-Rokslider
Born in Busan Korea (south for all you jokers out there or my buddy who always asks how my uncle kim is doing)

Interesting fact, hell i'm not interesting! But I shattered my ankle in HS and was told id barely walk probably not run again with the arthrosis of my subtalor joint and inability to roll my foot in and out. Well this ruined option 1 of UCLA scholarship and option 2 of US Army to follow in my fathers footsteps.... First year i ended up breaking my 5th metatarsal because my foot slants \ so all my weight is on that one thin bone. ignoring the Dr, it broke again on the 3rd year and the 5th year. Gave it 5 years to heal, gained some weight, but now a few years later i can run (as much as being fat will let me) and exercise, so im trying to lose it again.

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Born in Busan Korea (south for all you jokers out there or my buddy who always asks how my uncle kim is doing)

Interesting fact, hell i'm not interesting! But I shattered my ankle in HS and was told id barely walk probably not run again with the arthrosis of my subtalor joint and inability to roll my foot in and out. Well this ruined option 1 of UCLA scholarship and option 2 of US Army to follow in my fathers footsteps.... First year i ended up breaking my 5th metatarsal because my foot slants \ so all my weight is on that one thin bone. ignoring the Dr, it broke again on the 3rd year and the 5th year. Gave it 5 years to heal, gained some weight, but now a few years later i can run (as much as being fat will let me) and exercise, so im trying to lose it again.
Good luck with that ankle! Scholarship for, athletics, smarts?
Bye the way...How's Uncle Kim?🤣🤣🤣

Nomadx2

Lil-Rokslider
Wisconsin has been my primary place I grew up and lived most of my life in in, have lived in other starts as my career evolved, was also born in France while my Dad was in the Military.

Fun (also some what crazy & frustrating) Fact -Avid hunter, but also big focus on habitat improvement at our farm. Planting 80 apple trees, 500 conifers & shrubs this spring. About the 20 year in a row row we have planted 400-1000 trees & conifers. At times very frustrating to watch a young 2.5 - 3,5 year old deer walk down a row of conifers that are finally 3'-5' tall and rub the crap out them. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: