Time for a member re-introduction! Where are you from+a fun fact about yourself.

Fallfreak

Lil-Rokslider
I grew up in Northeast Kansas. I have lived in the Nashville, TN area for the last 24 years . I do most of the cooking in the house. It is something I usually enjoy doing at the end of a day

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Born in S. central Wis. janesville. Left there in 68, did four years in USN. Fun fact, I spent two days at Woodstock, I think. Now live inSo. Cal. uggh. Hunt anywhere except here.

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
I'm from NW Louisiana and I took up boxing, at 52 years of age and found that I'm pretty good at it and wish I'd done it a very long time ago.

Wow! Good for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was born in Kansas, lived in Illinois as a kid for a while then moved to Oklahoma where I’ve been ever since. Love going west every fall!

Button

WKR
Matagorda, TX

I play Backgammon, occasionally enter tournaments and won once. I also like to play when I have shark and bullred baits soaking in the surf at night.

Last edited:

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
Born in Amarillo, TX. Traveled around for awhile, for about 10 years. Finally settled and own a farm in Ignacio, CO (Durango, CO area). I enjoy starting colts. Mostly riding young untested horses in the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Matagorda, TX

I play Backgammon, occasionally enter tournaments and won once. I also like to play when I have shark and bullred baits soaking in the surf at night.

Sharks baits???? I’m gonna need a little more info on this…

Grew up on a WI dairy farm, worked in CO for 35 years then moved to BC 12 years ago. Dual citizen of the USA and Canada. Just completed an archery Super Slam (North American 29 with the bow) in my 50th season of bowhunting. 20 of the 29 were taken DIY....lucky to spend a lot of time bowhunting in CO and BC, plus drew some awesome tags out of state.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Grew up on a WI dairy farm, worked in CO for 35 years then moved to BC 12 years ago. Dual citizen of the USA and Canada. Just completed an archery Super Slam (North American 29 with the bow) in my 50th season of bowhunting. 20 of the 29 were taken DIY....lucky to spend a lot of time bowhunting in CO and BC, plus drew some awesome tags out of state.
That's incredible. You ought to start another thread detailing the hunts.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Button

WKR
Sharks baits???? I’m gonna need a little more info on this…

I like to use 800#+ monofilament as leader material more so than SS cable, crimp on a 16/0 up to 24/0 circle hook, attach on a hefty homemade spider weight and bait it up with your choice of bait. Attach line to kayak and paddle out a few hundred yards, drop bait and return to shore. Build a fire, fish for other species, look for treasure, and wait for the reel to sing.

Night time is very good for casting out baits from shore. Makes you think about what lurks near you while trout fishing before sunrise.75F0F9F4-BC51-48B8-B30C-3D93AB36D505.jpegF9297CA9-4A2A-44C8-843F-DF9468357714.jpeg73A73D14-EB10-4A5B-A6CF-92024E7A8D4B.jpeg

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
I like to use 800#+ monofilament as leader material more so than SS cable, crimp on a 16/0 up to 24/0 circle hook, attach on a hefty homemade spider weight and bait it up with your choice of bait. Attach line to kayak and paddle out a few hundred yards, drop bait and return to shore. Build a fire, fish for other species, look for treasure, and wait for the reel to sing.

Night time is very good for casting out baits from shore. Makes you think about what lurks near you while trout fishing before sunrise.View attachment 332519View attachment 332520View attachment 332521

That’s freaking awesome!

Titan_Bow

WKR
I grew up in North Carolina, have lived all over , even a year in South Korea. The last 16 years we have been in Colorado.
One of the coolest things I’ll add, a vid and pic of my little girl shooting! She’s got some developmental and physical delays, and not too long ago, we didn’t think she would be able to walk, much less shoot a bow and arrow. She’s deaf so my wife and I and my son all have learned ASL also.
9cdd44e6fdcf3476e485536d49f9697d.jpg

8da31f4b0d21130f74a220793a7510de.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0991.jpg
    IMG_0991.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1064.jpg
    IMG_1064.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 24
OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
I grew up in North Carolina, have lived all over , even a year in South Korea. The last 16 years we have been in Colorado.
One of the coolest things I’ll add, a vid and pic of my little girl shooting! She’s got some developmental and physical delays, and not too long ago, we didn’t think she would be able to walk, much less shoot a bow and arrow. She’s deaf so my wife and I and my son all have learned ASL also.
9cdd44e6fdcf3476e485536d49f9697d.jpg

8da31f4b0d21130f74a220793a7510de.jpg

That is so awesome! Good for her!!

Newbie from Florida.

Fun fact: For about 10 years I ran a forum on bladesmithing called "Primal Fires." The forum is basically defunct now but a few of the friends I made there have since been on Forged in Fire.

thrashero

FNG
I grew up in Southern California and then spent some years in Texas. Now I'm in Western Washington. Fun fact: I've been to about 20 countries and I still owe the tax you're supposed to pay to leave Colombia.

Klbeeks

FNG
Born and raised in northwest Indiana. Have a wife and 2 daughters. Oldest daughter loves the outdoors as much as me, started teaching her to shoot at age 4.
Fun fact: when not with family, or spending time outdoors. I build and run demolition derby cars.

IDMilton

FNG
As a kid while my parents we’re going to school and getting jobs, I lived in California, Hawaii, Kentucky, Montana, Idaho, Arizona, and Indiana. I went to high school in Southeast Idaho and could walk from my door to a slough of the Snake River. I hunted and fishEd almost every day. It was a great way to grow up.

After college I moved to Alaska for work. I absolutely loved it and hunted and fished in many, many places around the state.

Now I am retired and live in Southwest Montana. My fun fact is that I have lost over 90% of my vision to a degenerative eye disease. It makes hiking or even walking and getting around for that matter… challenging. I still hunt when I can, but there are some additional steps involved!