Time for a member re-introduction! Where are you from+a fun fact about yourself.

jaypope

Lil-Rokslider
Asheboro NC

Fun fact: my wife and I just returned from Jamaica (25th wedding anny)
YAH MON!!!

9e4a5c1cd361067bbb63d035613f5a5c.jpg

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helena, MT here by way of Eureka -> Missoula-> Great Falls-> Sand Coulee-> Eureka (again)->Missoula (again) -> Hungry Horse-> Whitefish-> Miles City

fun fact: I’m a game warden and keep detailed notes of all hunting trips posted here

Born and started school in Southern Mississippi, lived in South Central Virginia for 11 years, currently in Smithfield, Utah, and planning to move across the border to Idaho this summer, so people always wonder where I get my accent from.

FF. I shot a whitetail twice through the same hole. Confirmed by the distinct blood showers on the ground at both places it was when I shot.

And just for random, I like to crack tea towels. Its crazy that a tea towel can break the sound barrier!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Billogna

Lil-Rokslider
More late night texts but the jist of it is

When I got married, I told my wife she was lucky that she didn't have to worry about me cheating on her because I am to stupid to recognize when someone is hitting on me. She took it as a joke. I was and still am, completely serious.

She told me that it took her about 7 months of us dating before she actually thought I liked her because she would flirt with me and I was oblivious.

So for all you fellers out there than suck with the ladies like I did, there is still hope. I got married, don't ask me how but I managed it.
This sounds almost identical to my story as well. I'm still captain oblivious when there's flirting going on. My wife thinks it's funny now, and we joke about all "the game" I got!

Mountainman3

Lil-Rokslider
Helena, MT here by way of Eureka -> Missoula-> Great Falls-> Sand Coulee-> Eureka (again)->Missoula (again) -> Hungry Horse-> Whitefish-> Miles City

fun fact: I’m a game warden and keep detailed notes of all hunting trips posted here

I’m great friends with the DeShazer’s from Eureka. Love that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pezboat

WKR
Born and raised in central Wisconsin. I now live in the dreadful state of MN, just outside the Twin Cities.

Fun fact: about 10 years ago I was diagnosed with this rare, weird-*ss bone marrow disease. Really affects my endurance. Always dreamed of a back country elk hunt, but used that as an excuse. This year, I finally said screw it. I’m doing it. I know the mountains are going to kick my butt, but it’ll be an experience I cherish forever. So come this fall, hopefully I run into a fellow Rokslider and maybe even an elk or two.

Bigfeet

Lil-Rokslider
Darren Banasch
Only spotted one other Canadian on the re-intro list, but I know there are many on this forum. No chance of getting a decal!
Closest town to me is Okotoks, Alberta.
Fun fact: I wrote a book on fly-fishing.

Last edited:

hoyt-guy

Lil-Rokslider
Reside in Moorhead, MN

Fun fact: I shot my first bear in the Bob Marshall, walking up the mountain trail to a vantage point. This bear went down about 25 yds from me, but then got up & charged me. I was able to get another in him before he got to me & this time he stayed down. Was my first real "oh sh$t!" experience in the bush lol...

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member

that fun fact may backfire on you when you are getting tons of PM’s on people looking for good hunting spots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro