Time for a member re-introduction! Where are you from+a fun fact about yourself.

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
I think it was rigged but then again I am totally ok with that!!!!! @Northernpiker is a great example of what this site is all about. I mean who else just has a number under there name instead of “Member”?!?!?
Ryan gave me that number as a reminder...1 more screw up and it's the 🔨 for me!

robtattoo

WKR
Madison, WI

Fun fact: I’ve ran a marathon barefoot

I've never run a marathon (and frankly if forced at gunpoint.... my head's a canoe) but I spend about 95% of my life barefoot. Hunting out west is the only time i'm guaranteed to be wearing shoes. I spent a full 4 days in central florida chasing pigs & didn't even think to pack footwear!

footingit

FNG
WHAT?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yep! Really wasn’t bad, I trained well for it. Barefoot forces you to run more lightly than with heavy shoes. You also build up the muscles in your feet and your soles get tough.
I've never run a marathon (and frankly if forced at gunpoint.... my head's a canoe) but I spend about 95% of my life barefoot. Hunting out west is the only time i'm guaranteed to be wearing shoes. I spent a full 4 days in central florida chasing pigs & didn't even think to pack footwear!
Right on, just got to watch out for ticks!

CorbLand

WKR
I mean this in the sincere, polite, none rude way but dude 90 percent of the time you post I can’t help but think “this guy is the most interesting, weirdest person I kind of know.” I don’t know where your from but if I am ever there I want to buy you a beer just so I can meet you.

robtattoo

WKR
I mean this in the sincere, polite, none rude way but dude 90 percent of the time you post I can’t help but think “this guy is the most interesting, weirdest person I kind of know.” I don’t know where your from but if I am ever there I want to buy you a beer just so I can meet you.

Lmfao! I've had an exceptionally eclectic life & i hope to continue to do so! If you're ever in Tennessee, please god hit me up! I'd be tickled to buy you a beer!

robtattoo

WKR
Yep! Really wasn’t bad, I trained well for it. Barefoot forces you to run more lightly than with heavy shoes. You also build up the muscles in your feet and your soles get tough.

Right on, just got to watch out for ticks!

It's the sand spurs that'll getcha! I walked into a patch on Blackbeard Island & man, that's a pain that stays with you!

TheGDog

WKR
It's the sand spurs that'll getcha! I walked into a patch on Blackbeard Island & man, that's a pain that stays with you!
Yeeeowtch!!!! Of course I had to Google "sand spurs". Ooooh! You ain't lyin'! Those things are vicious! ON my hike-in there's two spots where I have to walk thru them. I always use my boots to attempt to trampled down any of them that are sticking out into the trail cause those damn thing will go right thru your pants and stab your thigh/leg!

TheGDog

WKR
Madison, WI

Fun fact: I’ve ran a marathon barefoot
I can't even imagine the amount of time that would require to build up your soles for THAT man!

One time gong back home from Venice Beach (back when lived in WestLA for a bit) had sand on my feet and didn't want to put on my sandals just yet, figured walk a bit and let the sand dry out and fall off. But even after trying to brush my feet off, still couldn't get it all and didn't wanna walk in the shoes with the sand grit jackin up. my feet. So decided to walk a lil more. But then got the idea into my head of I wonder if I could walk back home all the way barefoot? (meh, maybe... 2 - 3 mi?) . Which then turned into a test of will. It was Summer, so ya also had the hotness of the surfaces to deal with too.

I'll tell ya... everybody should do that at least once in their life. I had a greater appreciation for the plight of homeless dudes you sometimes see without shoes. Even though I was making sure to walk on the painted lines at crosswalks... and making use of the grass on side of sidewalk as much as possible... still ended-up with two spots bleeding on both soles by the time I got home. But I was determined to see it thru.

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Lmfao! I've had an exceptionally eclectic life & i hope to continue to do so! If you're ever in Tennessee, please god hit me up! I'd be tickled to buy you a beer!

Another successful ROKMATCH! Turning strangers into friends since 2012 ;) @CorbLand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tdhanses

WKR
Give her the option of coming along. Get a baby sitter while the two of you are gone, or the wife stays home.......by choice. ;) When our two oldest were 5 and 3, my wife and I spent 10 days in Belgium while the kids stayed with some folks from church.(y) Hunting trips could work that way as well.
My girlfriend and I have 5 kids between us and plan for her to come along this year, she’s a vet and specialized in surgery, while she won’t hunt, her choice, she wants to come along and do all the cutting up, I have a feeling she’ll take the boneless method to a new level and not speed it up.