Time is so Slow 🏹🏹🏹

sitting here thinking about elk, and Sept 2 cant get here fast enough. ive been shooting my bows on average 5 days a week since March. March seems so long ago. now with under a week to go you have to think, am I ready?

so many things about elk hunting go slow at times. but the slowest times, are when the "Moment of Truth" is at hand. you've played your cards perfectly, and you know you are going to release an arrow, or squeeze off. there may be total chaos around you, but you dont hear it. your focus won't allow it.

it's just you and that elk . your vision, hearing and smelling hyperfocused. oblivious to anything around you. staring down an opportunity of a lifetime for many. almost in a trans like state.

sometimes that elk knows you're there, and sometimes if only he had known you were there. he'll never know. but one thing for sure, that elk is hyperfocused as well with his sound, sight, and smell. and desire. and keen ability to stay alive. and breed.

when the "Moment of Truth" arrives, it's almost like time stands still. your inner voice of confidence has erased any doubt as you clip your release and draw back your bow. or place the crosshairs or iron sights on the vitals.

then the release. the time is so slow, like watching a slo mo video of "Archers Paradox" and you hear the sound of the "smackdown" as your arrow, or your bullet passes thru hide and bone.

then the silence is lifted and everything speed's up for a moment again as you watch or listen for the crash.

goodluck out there elkhunters! its about "go time" 🏹🏹🏹

Gapmaster

WKR
It’s crawling for sure. We leave the 9th for 11 day hunt and I feel like it’s taking forever. It’s seems the same every year. Guess that’s why we do what we do. Good luck everyone, looking forward to the pics and stories.

KHNC

WKR
Elk hunting can be a pure bitch sometimes!! But , i still am stoked as hell again waiting on NM 2nd season to arrive. I have been annoying the hell out of my dog with bugles and cow calls in the living room. He howls like crazy at my bugles , so they must be sound goooooodddd!!!