Time to go

Randle

WKR
Yep , since you have stepped up on this one we should discuss it. In that thread he stated how he felt and thru most of the posts he was left with , More gates, more roadless, etc. So I can see how it would seem he is not sharing the same ideas as most on here. Thus leading to his decision . Kicker started a thread that stated how he felt and again was left with goodbye , be like Bill, etc. For a community of hunters that is just not what I would have expected. I think he had a good post just saying Goodbye and wishing everyone well. He didn't flame anyone but in the end he was left in the ashes. I don't know Kicker and don't share his feelings but it just seems the last couple threads were pretty tough. But as stated above by someone that's the internet for you.

CorbLand

WKR
Yep , since you have stepped up on this one we should discuss it. In that thread he stated how he felt and thru most of the posts he was left with , More gates, more roadless, etc. So I can see how it would seem he is not sharing the same ideas as most on here. Thus leading to his decision . Kicker started a thread that stated how he felt and again was left with goodbye , be like Bill, etc. For a community of hunters that is just not what I would have expected. I think he had a good post just saying Goodbye and wishing everyone well. He didn't flame anyone but in the end he was left in the ashes. I don't know Kicker and don't share his feelings but it just seems the last couple threads were pretty tough. But as stated above by someone that's the internet for you.

I would love to discuss it and after this post it would probably be best to move it to PMs if you have the desire to go further. What I said was in one thread but it’s not the first time he has posted his opinion and has gotten the same backlash. I am not saying that makes it right but he should have expected it. The reason he got told goodbye and be like bill etc is the same reason that 16Bore, I believe, posted. Why do you need to make a thread announcing your leaving? How many members come and go and you don’t even know it? You post a thread like this, you should expect it to be this way. Nobody has really flamed him in this thread. Most of the discussion has been irrelevant to the original post and more of a bitchfest regarding everyone feelings towards the forum and some of its members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midwest.Bushlore

Lil-Rokslider
If you don't like this forum, do not join 24hourcampfire or archerytalk. This forum and predatormasters is the most civil and best forums I've been a part of.

I actually like. At the core of it a forum is a community (at least the best ones are). If a regular poster "goes dark" in a very good online community, eventually someone starts a thread to see if anyone knows what happened to her or him. In a thriving online community odds are good that someone has that poster's phone number or email address. A couple of my best friends IRL are folks I first "met" at forums dedicated to some hobby.

Randle

WKR
I would love to discuss it and after this post it would probably be best to move it to PMs if you have the desire to go further. What I said was in one thread but it’s not the first time he has posted his opinion and has gotten the same backlash. I am not saying that makes it right but he should have expected it. The reason he got told goodbye and be like bill etc is the same reason that 16Bore, I believe, posted. Why do you need to make a thread announcing your leaving? How many members come and go and you don’t even know it? You post a thread like this, you should expect it to be this way. Nobody has really flamed him in this thread. Most of the discussion has been irrelevant to the original post and more of a bitchfest regarding everyone feelings towards the forum and some of its members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok fair enough, I have not seen the other posts about opening all the gates and such. and maybe flamed was the wrong word to use. As for why announce one's leaving , again he did it in a good way and let everyone know why. If you don't care , just don't respond. Why do people do half the things they do? Kicker was just being polite I suppose. Again like you said most of the responses were about how great this site is, He also said the same thing, just stated he didn't seem to have the same views about most topics, so maybe it was best to leave. Then it turned into if you don't like this site don't try xy or z. but he was also meet with some positive. Either way my point is we don't need to baby people but we also don't have to respond to a post in a non constructive way. I think his announcement to leave has opened a door to discussion that is good to have once in awhile. Thanks for the reply and no need for PMS I think it has all been covered.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
But as stated above by someone that's the internet for you.

And that's life for you. The only difference is.......in person it's obvious who you're talking to, but on the internet you have no idea who or what the other people are. There are times when things just don't make any sense at all, and then you eventually come to find out that one of the posters is only 15, or maybe a woman. Well that makes a big difference in conversation........both in content and style. Then you throw together the fact that the younger generations can't understand the older generations, and the older generations can't understand the younger generations. Makes for an interesting set of circumstances in conversations on the internet.

I also hear a lot about the "internet tough guy" syndrome that guys only post what they do because they're behind their keyboards. I've met quite a few guys in person from different forums, and I can't think of one that wasn't the same guy in person that they were on the internet. Perhaps that's just chance....who knows.

But the bottom line is........if you have thin skin, you'll always be offended with something and running from everyone and everything in life. Not saying that's good or bad, but that's definitely a personal choice that people have to make.