Time to kill after Caribou Hunt Fairbanks/Tok Area

NoLa

FNG
Apologies if this needs to be moved.

We currently have a few day buffer between when we are supposed to get picked up from our caribou hunt and our flights home with no real plans.

So I'm looking for any recommendations on what to Sept 11-13 between or in Fairbanks and Tok.

Thanks in advance,
Ian

Chena Hot Springs, Hoodoo Brewing, Pump House, Two Rivers Lodge (best food in town), Drive to Healy (2 hours) and maybe see Denali then 49th State, Museum of the North, Automobile Museum.

Personally, if I had 2-3 days to kill, I'd be calling Fly In Fishing Alaska and booking a flight to Minto Flats to fish for Northern Pike and stay in the provided cabin and use the provided boat. Very fun and beats the hell out of staying in town.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
That museum at UAF is pretty nice. I gorged myself at some restaraunt peaks or pikes next to the river. Chena hot springs was pretty lame unless I missed something, seemed like a long drive for a fairly small outdoor hot spring or 2 with a bunch of kids and foreign tourists running around.

I was there in the winter, I got asked at least 20 times by Chinese girls to take pictures with their phones of their frozen hair…I did t mind that par so much.

trapperJ

Lil-Rokslider
UAF Museum for sure. HooDoo is good for beer but really crowded. Black Spruce brewing is good beer and not so many people.

Nicks suggestion of a couple days fishing Minto is a great idea

The boatel is a pretty good spot to earn a hangover. You can go to North Pole and see some reindeer if you can’t find any caribou to take pictures of.