Time to Replace Old Rain Gear?

CaliWoodsman

Lil-Rokslider
I have a set of C4E Torrent rain gear that I've had for about 7 years. It's kept me dry in a lot of wet weather and is light enough that I don't mind packing it around. I'm headed to Idaho in November on a hunt that has had a lot of rain and snow on previous trips. How long do you all keep your rain gear for, and how do you tell when it's time to replace other than "when I get wet"? Any ways to extend the life? I'd love to get another season or two out of this set before I drop $500 on a new set, but I'm starting to get nervous that I'm gonna be wet and cold for a week in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lintond

WKR
Im going through the same thing. My Torrent jacket has been okay but thinking an upgrades is warranted.

Rhyed

FNG
I have a set of C4E Torrent rain gear that I've had for about 7 years. It's kept me dry in a lot of wet weather and is light enough that I don't mind packing it around. I'm headed to Idaho in November on a hunt that has had a lot of rain and snow on previous trips. How long do you all keep your rain gear for, and how do you tell when it's time to replace other than "when I get wet"? Any ways to extend the life? I'd love to get another season or two out of this set before I drop $500 on a new set, but I'm starting to get nervous that I'm gonna be wet and cold for a week in November.

I have had Kuiu Chugach NX Rain Jacket & Pant for two years. Performed very well during a rainy week long trip in Alaska. Great gear and customer service. Sizes tend to run a little small, especially with layers underneath.

Hondo

WKR
I'm still using my C4E Torrent rain gear and it is going strong. I have refreshed the DWR finish a twice after washing using Revivex DWR spray following by tumble drying although the newest spray is an air dry treatment.

Every year I peruse the rain gear offerings from the big 3 thinking that the time to replace my Torrent may be around the corner, but turns out it is a hell of a long corner. Plus I remind myself that I have another unused Torrent jacket in a stuff sack inside of a GO bag so I could extend my Torrent use for many years to come if need be.

I hunt some in a humid climate and If the big 3 made something like my Outdoor Research Foray with zippered sides that go from the hem to bicep to dump heat then I might be interested in upgrading sooner. Closest thing to the breathability of a poncho that covers your entire arms that I have seen. I pack a lightweight laminated poncho at times in spite of the arm coverage limitation.

Poser

WKR
Is just refresh the DWR and not worry about until the seams start falling apart on there is wear on the fabric.