Timing and accuracy

BullsDeep

Lil-Rokslider
Alright guys, had my v3x 33 in a shop today while shooting the 29. While I was there I had him check the timing on my 33 since I have about 5 or 600 hundred shots through it. Well it was slightly out if time. He made some adjustments, and I should have shot it when he was done I know. Anyways, I get home and shoot quite a bit after the fact and my bow is shooting roughly 3 inches left and 4 inches low and I'm grouping them there all the way out to 60. I didn't want to move my sight until I paper tune this thing tomorrow but could a small timing adjustment throw this bow off that much? Keep in mind I was drilling tacks out to 60 prior to this so I know obviously it had an effect, just trying to get the exact reasoning of why it's doing what it's doing.

The timing will alter nock travel, so it will give you some up/down. If way out it would have changed cam lean at full draw, but not if you are talking half or a full cable twist.

I always try to tune nock travel first, I think sometimes it can cause the arrow to fly funky L/R also, but it's more a reaction of the not perfect travel and rest contact or something.

If you noticed a difference in shooting field points I'd say something else had to of happened. If you were shooting broadheads it doesn't take much of a change to alter their impacts, but FP'S something like rest movement or a fair amount of cam lean to move them.

You certain a cam didn't get moved?

OP
B

BullsDeep

Lil-Rokslider
Positive no cams were moved. The top was about a 1/16th slower than the bottom. So he made an adjustment and then it was the oposite. After that he lost me. I remember asking him if any of this was going to affect the way the bow was shooting.He said only doing half twists of the cable it won't have any effect on it. And we're talking all FPs here. I'm going to shoot it thru paper today and that should tell me everything I need to know. I'm shooting the epsilon rest and wondering if the timing of the rest didn't get messed up during that process?

ncavi8tor

WKR
A small timing adjustment will not cause your issues. Either the bow was not really tuned to begin with or there is something else going on.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk