Timing, Tuning, Nock Tear High ???

Spyder Turbo, 29.5", 70# limbs (maxed)
Smackdown Pro

Top cam hits maybe 1/16" first. I have moved the rest up. Trying different arrows in the 340 to 300 spine group at about 28" with 100 grain heads. I am getting nock tear high.

Help!

weaver

WKR
I d say check your fletching clearance but you shouldn't have a clearance issue with the smackdown. Good luck

Ozz08

WKR
Defininetly check for clearance first. I just read a thread somewhere (can't remember which forum) about quite a few guys having clearance issues with the new smackdown pro.

OR Archer

WKR
Set the rest so that the center of the shaft runs through the center of the berger hole. start with you nock position about 1/8" high of center.

Typically if you are getting contact on the cage it will drive the arrow down and give you a low tail tear.

I agree with the arrow running throught the Berger Button hole. But you need to have your cams timed equally. If you think you are having fletch clearence problems, spray some athlete foot spray, the powder style spray, and look for streaks on the rest and fletching.

JNDEER

WKR
There are other methods of tunning that will get you the same results as paper tunning. Maybe try one of them to see if you can get things to work for you.