Tines Up Universal PhoneCam or Novagrade?

bigsky2

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using Phoneskope with ok results but I have a new spotter and I get tired of having to get a new Phoneskope every time I get a new phone. Looking at the Tines Up Universal PhoneCam or one of the Novagrade products. I realize I'd have to get a new Tines Up case if I changed phones but I like how that one attaches to your optics. The Novagrade allows you to use your current phone case but the Novagrade looks like it might be bulky. Can anyone offer some input on either of them? Has anyone used both?

pc3

WKR
I went through same process...albeit for my first digiscoping device. It seems I need a new phone every two-three years they slow down/break down so buying a new case would get o,d I think so I went for a double grip Novagrade. I actually ordered it only two days ago so have not got it yet......it will be slow getting to Australia given the current circumstances, I'm not stressed about that many doing it tougher than me with businesses etc.

Fozzy26

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t know if you’ve made a decision yet, and I have no input on the times up, but I absolutely love my Novagrade. I ran a phoneskope for a while and like you stated, having to change adapters sucks. I also felt like I had a hard time with some of its other features (granted it was I believe an older version). I picked up a novagrade early last summer and used it extensively on scouting and hunting trips. Once you get it set up, it is awesome. Extremely quick, extremely user friendly. As far as the bulk, it wasn’t really something I noticed. I threw it in my medium belt pouch I have on my kifaru pack and it sits in there fine with plenty of room for other things. I would say it’s bulkier than my phoneskope was, but for what you’re getting, it’s unnoticeable

Jeremyc_1999

Lil-Rokslider
you should check out the spotter LR camera by Tactacam. It will be out in around June. I've seen the prototype and it is awesome.

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
I recently went through the same process. Originally ordered the novagrade double gripper because I liked the idea of being able to use different phones. I found it to be a PITA (plus it is indeed bulky) and returned it. Bought the tinesup and it is MUCH better. I actually liked this cheap one better than the novagrade but not as much as tinesup:

Novagrade and tinesup are both well made....I just didn't like how the novagrade functioned.

The tinesup is awesome! Super easy, I leave my phone in my tines up case year around and the adapter fits in my bino case. In seconds you can be filming👍🏻

Lapaiki39

FNG
I have used the Tines up. I didnt have experience with any other similar products. I got a photo through my Minox spotting scope of this Axis Deer. Hope to use it more. My kit came with the universal adapters which allows you to attach to different phone models. I messed up the installation but it still works perfectly. I have an older model Samsung phone and was having problems getting the correct focus on the animal. I guess I have to use it more but I was happy and it was easy to use.

Attachments

• 89941292_10206518320552334_5198518661484118016_o.jpg
    89941292_10206518320552334_5198518661484118016_o.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 50