Tip of the day

rodney482

WKR
When setting up camp check for anything
that might fall on you with a little wind!

keep it going

OP
rodney482

rodney482

WKR
Duct tape

works great for blisters and about
2 million other applications

OP
rodney482

rodney482

WKR
A water bladder and a little paracord
makes a great camp shower.

I will even heat up some water and
pour in with the cold.. works awesome

cnelk

WKR
Take cotton balls and coat them generously with VASELINE (petroleum jelly), store them in film containers.

The make great fire starters.

cnelk

WKR
For those that resharpen your fixed [or mechanical] BH blades, here is an idea

To hold the blade to sharpen can be a real 'pain'.
Here is an option to hold those small blades:
28-500_A1_rgb_4.jpg

cnelk

WKR
Most of us use battery operated units on a daily basis - cell phone, gps, 2 way radio, etc.

Scenario
I have 4 cell phones that I monitor, take care of, & pay for each month.
They are stored in places like pockets, purses, truck dashes, etc and all these places collect dust!

When I notice that sometimes these cell phone batteries loose their charge quicker than normal, I remove the battery, clean the terminals with a pencil eraser, blow the unit out with air and re-assemble.

BINGO! Longer lasting battery charge

dotman

WKR
Ths year my fisrt aid kit will consist of super glue, gauze and pain meds. All three of these items will be stuffed into 1 prescription bottle which will have duct tape wrapped around it.

Use a bag rated for warmer climates and take a cup or stainless steel Nalgene that can be suspended over the fire or sat in the coals. Put this hot water (inside a Nalgene) inside your sleeping bag right before rack ops.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
If your tent stakes have loops at the top, slide your guy out strap or line through the stake loop before putting the stake through the guy out loop. That way the stake is actually attached to the tent if it coes off or pulls loose.

Confused about what I mean? I will try to get pictures this weekend :)

Dlove

FNG
If your on a blood trail in dark timber with very little blood and lots of sap you can use hydrogen peroxide to spray on questionable marks & if it fizzes up its blood & your still on the trail. I use pump style nasal misters as wind checkers and keep one filled with peroxide. These pump style misters work better than powder type wind testers in my opinion and 1 oz of water will last you all day and I'm constantly checking the wind.

Rizzy

WKR
Always carry purifying tablets or aqua mira, it can save you from having to hike down in the canyon for water. Snow drifts can sometimes be found way up on ridges where you want to be to glass from anyways.

You can't do this with a filter, in the afternoon there was a steady drip

Attachments

• P8310030.jpg
    P8310030.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 45

>>>---WW---->

Lil-Rokslider
Those small solar driveway lites are a great thing to have. Let them charge up during the day and they will last all nite long. When it's time for lites out, just place your hat over it. If you need a lite any time during the nite, just lift you hat and you will find it is still going strong.

They have one LED in them and you'll find they produce plenty of lite to read by or do camp chores. And best of all, no batteries!

You can pick these things up at the Dollar Store for a buck. The stake and lense can be taken off to save bulk and weight.

OP
rodney482

rodney482

WKR
Take a little bow hook with you to elk
camp.... that way you can just hang
your bow up when done hunting

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Those small solar driveway lites are a great thing to have. Let them charge up during the day and they will last all nite long. When it's time for lites out, just place your hat over it. If you need a lite any time during the nite, just lift you hat and you will find it is still going strong.

They have one LED in them and you'll find they produce plenty of lite to read by or do camp chores. And best of all, no batteries!

You can pick these things up at the Dollar Store for a buck. The stake and lense can be taken off to save bulk and weight.

That is so awesome. Thanks.

OP
rodney482

rodney482

WKR
Trekking poles for packing out an elk are worth their weight in gold

billy molls

Super Moderator
When I am hunting in the bush, I like to precook food: bacon, burger, etc. Put it in ziplocs. It will last longer, and will take less time, and fuel to heat when you are ready to eat it.