Tip?

HunterMN

FNG
What is a normal tip for an unguided outfitted caribou hunt? Do you tip the pilot and outfitter both?

Otty0914

FNG
So I know there is a thread on this I looked at before I left for my trip this year. I tipped as followed:
Guys picked me up from the airport brought me to hotel and ensured I got my room and brought stuff in for me - $100 and said i'd appreciate it if you looked out for us because we have never done this type of hunt and just help us out where ya can. They made our lives easy and well worth the $100
To our transporter I've arranged everything with for a year and a half - $100
When the pilot dropped us off - $100
Had a great hunt so pilot picked us up $200
Transporter arranged trip got another $200
Guys boxed up our meat and antlers- $120 ($60 each)
Dropped us off at the airport and helped get our bags checked - $120 ($60 each)

Tip how you feel and what you think the service is worth. That's roughly $950 for an $8000 price tag on the DIY hunt not quite the traditional 20% but I believe it was fair and good service.

Tips are a show of gratitude for good service and not expected.. My clients vary from no tip to a few hundred $$. I never expect a tip but I am grateful when I receive them. I have had clients over the years who have sent me gifts like a company jacket, gift cards , I received a pair of Binos once (very cool!) and cash..I did a wounded Vet hunt with major publication a few years ago and they sent me some really cool logo gear which I still have and ware with pride!

If you choose to leave a tip who ever you gift it to will appreciate it!

Walt

Photos below are 2020 hunts and Rokslide members!!

Attachments

• thumbnail-1.jpeg
    thumbnail-1.jpeg
    229.7 KB · Views: 42
  • thumbnail.jpeg
    thumbnail.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 42

Unbridled

FNG
I did not tip the pilot or transporter, they were one and the same, I paid them well over $4000 bucks! Tipped the pick up guys and anyone else that helped along the way.