Tipi center pole

Hammond

FNG
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a Seek Outside Cimarron tipi and was curious about other options for a center pole instead of the $100 carbon fiber pole Seek offers. The carbon fiber pole seems pricey for what it does. I am no tipi expert, so any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

Trial153

WKR
I think if you ordering from SO, might as well save the shipping and order everything at once.

deertrout

Lil-Rokslider
The SO carbon pole is pretty slick, feels weightless and is crazy strong. I feel it was worth every penny. If you want to cut that cost, your next best option is finding a strong, straight stick in the woods to stand it up with.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3forks

WKR
You can find unfinished carbon fiber poles in various lengths online. I think someone posted something about how to build a center pole - but I'm too lazy too look. Anyway, I've got a Ruta Locura pole... Your call on whether building your own and saving a few bucks is worth it to you.

OP
Hammond

Hammond

FNG
I was looking at the REI one. Seems like it would work well, especially at that price. Thanks guys.

I’ve got the Seek Outside one. I end up using the trekking pole hitch more. If you haven’t started using trekking poles you should... it’s like shifting into 4x4. Double duty as my tent center pole? Sold.

Another vote here for the REI pole. Works great with my Cimarron, super easy to setup and break down.

OP
Hammond

Hammond

FNG
As far as trekking poles go, are you just taking them down and putting them up every morning and evening? I use mine hunting most every day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just my opinion

The rei pole is cheap and will work but be problematic and does not have a small enough adjustment

Our seek outside pole is super strong and works super well and has a small adjustment but the price is high

The trekking pole hitch will work well and be only slightly more fiddly and even work well with non adjustable poles ( which was our goal)

Sticks can work great

For me , I'd go SO pole or trekking pole hitch ... followed by a stick . If I wanted poles to hike with I'd pitch the tent with the hitch and cut a pole when convenient then use my poles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I should clarify

I don't use trekking poles that often , if I did use them all the time I would choose that option most likely . I usually use our carbon since I don't often use poles . Granted, if I was a customer I may buy the aluminum rei pole to save money but the carbon is a much better pole

colersu22

WKR
I should clarify

I don't use trekking poles that often , if I did use them all the time I would choose that option most likely . I usually use our carbon since I don't often use poles . Granted, if I was a customer I may buy the aluminum rei pole to save money but the carbon is a much better pole

I bought the rei pole when I got my cimarron from you to save money and just want to order the carbon pole from seek outside now. Is that an in stock item that would ship right away?

Jakeb

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the REI pole when I got my cimmaron, thinking about getting the seek pole now. If I would have just got the carbon pole in the beginning I would have came out cheaper.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I bought the REI pole when I got my cimmaron, thinking about getting the seek pole now. If I would have just got the carbon pole in the beginning I would have came out cheaper.

Yes it is in stock

No real issue near stove just keep a little space

Trial153

WKR
I cant see spending premium money on a premium shelter then cutting corners on a pole to save 30 bucks.
The cost of carbon pole vs Aluminum pole is the cheapest weight savings your going to get.