Tipi tent pitching options

Gobbler36

WKR
I have a so 4 man and I would like to know how to raise the hem of the tipi and use the line loc tensioner to create more air flow, can someone help me out?

You just need to fashion extensions to your stake loops, and then raise your center pole a bit.

I don't have line-locs, just made some extensions with 550 cord.

This is the Silvertip, but same idea will work on your 4-man.

f4oA8LT.jpg

sm8gGac.jpg

Shane

Id reccomend the linelocs they weight almost nothing and allow you to have different lengths, and you can pull them really tight. This allows tight pitches in uneven ground.

WoodBow

WKR
I could see linelocs being beneficial but certainly not necessary. I just have 6" pcord extensions on my stake loops. My stake loops are on the very edge so I get full use of the extension length.

Felix40

WKR
I ran fixed length extensions on my redcliff for a while but I finally got around to setting up adjustable ones today. It pitches much faster and easier because the stakes dont have to be moved to change the tension. I didnt use linelocks. I just tied taughtline hitches that can be slid up or down the tie out line. I wish I had done this sooner because finding a spot with no rocks to drive a stake was really hard on our last sheep hunt.

Felix40

WKR

These probably dont help much but if you have trouble just say something. I can adjust the height of the shelter without moving stakes. I see this being potentially useful if the weather changes drastically.

OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR
So I am confused on what you guys are using that aren't using line locks to keep the tent rolled up?

Sorry if these are dumb questions

Felix40

WKR
Im not sure what you mean keep the tent rolled up. I cut a 15" piece of reflective 275 p cord. Tie a loop at one end and attach that to the tent stake loop. Then tie a taughtline hitch on the other end of the p cord. Put that around your stake and slide the hitch knot to tighten. The knot takes the place of the line lock.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Im not sure what you mean keep the tent rolled up. I cut a 15" piece of reflective 275 p cord. Tie a loop at one end and attach that to the tent stake loop. Then tie a taughtline hitch on the other end of the p cord. Put that around your stake and slide the hitch knot to tighten. The knot takes the place of the line lock.

The SLIGHT perk on line locks is they can go from basically zero to full length where the knot route is like 50-100%. But both work fine if the stakes are in the right spots.

Felix40

WKR
See and I would offer that the stake loop offers zero extension so no need to be able to go that short.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
See and I would offer that the stake loop offers zero extension so no need to be able to go that short.

Need to move a stake to go between. Its all personal preference but I lean towards line locks as I find I can pitch/tension/raise & lower the shelter easier w/o moving stakes around. Just was pointing out the difference for folks consideration.