Tips For Knee Pain

GKPrice

Banned
Start at a lower weight. Learn some yoga stretches for before and after. Yoga is a game changer. You don't have to say namaste when its all over just stretch. Sean vigue fitness on youtube has GREAT stretches for all levels. Im 36 and it truly is a game changer for work outs and recreation.

I just did 4 miles of uphill switch backs with 50lbs of sand, got to the top and took off my pack for a rest and twisted the bejeezus out of my ACL just when I put the pack back on... there is more to this load hauling stuff than meets the eye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of the best advice in this entire thread right here ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I was "superman" just like you guys giving out advice like "pack on the weight, lots of it" , yada yada ...... until one day I wasn't superman anymore and had NOT JUST "aches and pains" but actual damage, damage from age, years of abuse (that came from guys like the rest of us), injuries that went unheeded, a little bad luck, the whole story ...... it will happen to ALL of you (us) at some point, some younger and some older but like the saying goes "you cannot beat father time" so IF you want to do the stuff (sort of the stuff) you do now when you're 55, 60, 65 .... pay attention to what you are doing NOW - if you wanted your truck to last 200,000 miles would you drive it like a race car every day ? the Human body is a lot more mechanical in nature than people realize - the advice to do weight bearing exercise TWICE a week is good advice, your body needs time to HEAL after working so hard to break it down - "exercise physiology" is complicated stuff