Tips needed for SO Cimarron

I’m doing my initial burn on the SO Cimarron with stove. Seems like my loops keep wanting to lift almost completely off the stakes, as pictured, even if I angle the stakes. Has anyone ever added cordage or done any other hacks to help keep their cimarron loops attached to the stakes? Any other setup tips y’all have?AE818BC7-39B3-464F-AFEB-1B6377B4049E.jpeg

Add guy out lines and use clove hitches or better yet taut line hitches. Also, drive those stakes flush in the ground and angled back at 30-45 degrees, especially in windy conditions. The notch at the top of the stake is where the loop or line goes.

reaper

WKR
Drive the stakes close to the ground as an angle and maybe your pole is too high.If you leave your shelter pitched like this you'll have a bad night is winds kicks in.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

Dirtydan

Lil-Rokslider
If you don't want to add cordage to the loops then give your stakes a twist and double up the loop around the stake. Pretty sure SO had a video explaining this at one time.

Cordage allows you to put the bottom down on the ground in bad/cold weather or many inches off the ground in hot weather. You can use the loops when going low and lines when going high.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Get your stakes flush into the ground and more of an angle. I ditched the stakes that came with the cimaron and got this whole kit. Ive been using this kit in all 4 season conditions for 3 years now with success.